Live Nation Entertainment
Orlando, FL, USA
Special Events Logistics Manager
Orlando, FL, USA
Unity in Diversity
Our team members are as diverse as our music venues. With its owned/operated/managed venues, Live Nation Clubs and Theaters, a division of Live Nation Entertainment, is wide-ranging, including the legendary Fillmore venues and the intimate House of Blues clubs throughout the United States. Live Nation Clubs and Theaters is the country’s preeminent group of intimate music venues, featuring superior sound and lighting technology in one-of-a-kind custom-designed environments aimed to bring fans and artists together in unparalleled musical environments.
Our mission is to create a profitable and principled global entertainment company. To celebrate the diversity and brotherhood of world culture. To promote racial and spiritual harmony through love, peace, truth, righteousness and non-violence. Our venues bring fans as close to artists as possible and our aim is to create teams that are just as close.
Who are you?
Passionate and motivated. Driven, with an entrepreneurial spirit. Resourceful, innovative, forward thinking and committed. At Live Nation Clubs & Theaters, our people embrace these qualities, so if this sounds like you, then please read on!
The Specials Events Logistics Manager is responsible for the coordination and execution of all events contracted by the Sales Department.
What You Need:
• (State or County Licensee or Certification Requirement)/ Responsible Alcohol Awareness Training Certification or Equivalent
• High School Diploma
• Working knowledge of Restaurant & Music Hall Operations; event planning, food preparation & presentation, menu planning, food costing, computers (word processing, database spreadsheets)
• Entry level knowledge of legal and HR issues with regards to the hospitality industry (federal, state, and local law regarding liquor, labor and health code regulations) POS systems
• Exhibits positive attitudes; excellent written and verbal communication; high level of organizational and follow-through skills; communicates assertively; maintains personal integrity
• Ability to handle various projects at one time make good decisions; delegates; follow up; communicate with staff and guests in a positive manner
• Tolerance of all cultures, music and art forms
• College diploma
• Minimum of two years management experience in sales / marketing / catering; public speaking experience a plus
Physical Work Requirements:
• Physical activities include walking, talking, seeing, hearing, pushing, balancing, stooping, crouching, kneeling, handling. Ability to walk and stand for long period of time
• Ability to lift and carry objects up to 35 pounds
• Ability to work in a very fast paced environment with considerable noise and interruptions. Must be able to change activity frequently.
What You’ll Do:
I. Essential Functions:
• Coordinate all aspects of operational set-up and break down of events (equipment needs, rental needs, and station set-up)
• Assists with Production department all aspects needed for an event
• Liaison between client and House of Blues Team Members throughout Event.
• Executes admission tickets and retail requests for Special Events
• Verbally communicate in a calm, positive demeanor, during the course of the function with the kitchen, service, beverage, as well as the guest host to ensure timely execution of events, quality of service and adherence to all applicable federal, state and local safety & health regulations and Live Nation Clubs and Theaters standards.
• Must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance (specific Live Nation Clubs and Theaters standard)
• Conduct Event Pre-Shift with Operations Managers and communicate event specifics at Team Member Pre-Shift
• Assures seamless transition for Client from Sales Department to Operations Manager during Event
• Handle all aspects of the Special Event once the special event order (SEO) has been distributed
• Maintain files in proper order after the special event order has been distributed.
• Client interaction; conducts site inspections and walk through with clients as requested by SM / DOS
• Assist Sales Manager(s) as requested with special needs by the client
• Conduct meetings such as the SEO Meeting and Production Meeting
• Due to the nature of the hospitality industry; you may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the venue.
II. Accounting Functions:
• Verify Deposit / Payments tracking schedules with Sales Manager
• Proper execution and completion of all post event paperwork: Party Recap Sheet, Captain’s Report and Receipts
• Responsible for proper settlement or payment on night of event with client and entering billing information into Micros system to generate a final guest check
• Manage staff hours to ensure we are not exceeding our budget
III. Staff Functions:
• Train all staff with regards to the proper techniques and etiquette for service
• Assist the staff and captains with the execution of events according to the event order and Live Nation Clubs and Theaters standards
• Produce weekly banquet summary for all events – includes number of team members and their time to be scheduled and verify staffing was handled by Operations Managers.
• Oversee attendance according to schedules, adjust and reassign server stations, as necessary, in order to provide quality service during functions.
IV. Inventory Functions:
• Maintain and order all Linen inventory & cleaning
• Order equipment, maintain inventory / par levels & report deficiencies to DOS
• Order all specialty items as sold by Sales Manager and upsell to client as opportunity arises
• Ensures equipment rentals for SE are ordered and returned to vendors
• Obtain permits as needed
V. Specific Job Knowledge, Skill and Ability:
• Must have comprehensive knowledge of food and beverage preparations, service standards, guest relations and etiquette
• Knowledge of all appropriate table settings and etiquette
• Working knowledge of fine dining, strong food and wine knowledge and sequence of service (specific to Foundation Rooms).
• Basic Mathematical skills
• Ability to operate various food and beverage equipment present at functions
In addition to the performance of essential job functions the Logistics Manager will be evaluated on the following leadership qualities:
• Working Relationship
• Judgment / Accountability
• Quality / Accuracy of Work
• Dependability / Reliability
• Communication (Written and Verbal)
• Development (self and subordinate)
• Reaching profit margins for enhancements sold
• Competitive compensation and bonus plans
• Professional career development
• Additional benefits
If the above description sounds like you and fits your background, apply online at http://www.livenation.com/careers/index.html to join the Live Nation Clubs and Theaters team today!
Applicants for employment in the U.S. must possess work authorization which does not require sponsorship by the employer for a visa.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY Live Nation Entertainment strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.
HIRING PRACTICES The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Live Nation Entertainment recruitment policies are designed to place the most highly qualified persons available in a timely and efficient manner. Live Nation Entertainment may pursue all avenues available, including promotion from within, employee referrals, outside advertising, employment agencies, Internet recruiting, job fairs, college recruiting and search firms.