Manager, Event Programming
- Posted: July 14, 2017
- Edmonton, AB, Canada
Core Responsibilities and Duties:
- Establish new revenue generating opportunities for Oilers Entertainment Group consideration; targeting events that help establish OEG on a national and international map.
- Interact with event promoters and help oversee the general production of events with OEG Event Management team and the OEG Ticketing team.
- Build a Rentable Spaces Facility Package for internal and external clients which includes current photos and CAD’s.
- Create and build a technology package in parallel with Capital Projects for rentable spaces at Rogers Place.
- Handle incoming inquiries related to public and private event bookings at OEG properties.
- Meet with Edmonton Events, Edmonton Tourism, Hotels and Conference leads to look for potential opportunities for OEG.
- Establish and grow a client list to target top clients suitable to the Oilers Entertainment Group booking philosophy.
- Develop relationships with local promoters on a civic and provincial level to drive content for smaller events in Rogers Place and Ford Hall, as well as to future locations such as ICE District Plaza.
- Create Executive summaries of the local entertainment scene to include club, smaller venues and festivals.
- Develop strong relationships with promoters and artists that provide content for the venue.
- Develop presentations and sales materials for the AGM, Live Entertainment to present at Industry meetings, and to international prospects.
- Work with the Booking Administrator to fill potential revenue generating dates and create community fulfillment or City of Edmonton event opportunities.
- Schedule dates and liaise with the event team on budgets, logistics, and event production on all one-off OEG events such as PBR, Oil Country Championship, Ivan Hlinka, etc.
- Assist in maintaining our event schedule for Rogers Place, Community Arena and the ICE District.
- Execute legal documents for venue agreements, insurance, cost estimates and Proformas.
- Liaise with shared services on branding and marketing, ticketing, promotions, event management.
- Confirming agreements with AGM of Live Entertainment, and relaying information to client, prior to handing off event to an Event Manager.
Education, Experience and Skills:
- 3-5 years’ experience within the Live Entertainment industry; specifically event sales in a large public facility/arena/stadium.
- Event booking and logistics of events experience required.
- Post-secondary Certificate, Diploma or Degree in a related field preferred.
- Strong understanding of the Live Entertainment industry and it’s trends.
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships and close deals.
- A fan service approach to working with clients, awareness and responsiveness to client satisfaction.
- Proven to perform well under pressure; manage multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Must show very strong listening and communication skills.
- Organized, independent and comfortable as a self-starter.
- Creative self-starter, driven by results.
- Experienced in financials, budgets and Proformas.
- Experience working in a Hospitality environment will be considered an asset.
- Strong administrative background with the ability to use MS Office Suite and Outlook Mail.
- Ability to learn and utilize internal event scheduling and finance procedures.
- Proficient in drafting professional documents and professional correspondence.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize assignments to achieve highest level of productivity.
- Must be able to work evenings, weekends and holidays as required.
Only those individuals moving forward in the hiring process will be contacted.