Special Events Officer - Permanent Full Time
The Children’s Hospital Foundation of Manitoba Is looking for a dynamic individual with a keen sense for details and a passion for making a difference.
The Special Events Officer, working with our volunteer event committees, will be responsible for all aspects of the execution of the Children’s Hospital Foundation of Manitoba’s Teddy Bears’ Picnic and Ice Crystal Gala events.
Qualifications, Personal Characteristics and Competencies:
- A passion to work in a fast-paced, fully integrated fundraising environment and an appreciation for the mission and purpose of the Children’s Hospital Foundation of Manitoba
- A minimum of three years’ experience in a not for profit or charitable planning large events would be an asset
- A high attention to detail and proven organizational ability
- Excellent interpersonal skills and communication skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Must be self-motivating, have adaptability and strong relationship skills
- Ability to problem-solve, innovate, be creative and a willingness to learn
- Ability to manage multiple projects at any given time, staying on schedule and meet deadlines with the flexibility to adjust to changing priorities
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality and be able to handle sensitive information appropriately and with discretion
- Strong technology skills including Excel and Word; experience with Raiser’s Edge would be an asset
- CFRE designation an asset
- Access to a vehicle and a valid driver’s license is required
- Working with the event chairs and volunteer committee members, develop project goals, budgets, and timelines/event itineraries
- Oversees the set-up, scheduling, agendas, record keeping, minutes and reports for event committee meetings
- Working with the President, foundation staff and volunteer committee, help identify, solicit, execute and steward all sponsors for the signature events.
- Oversees ticket sales, including invoicing
- Liaises with venue, vendors, suppliers and contractors and secures all agreement and arrangements
- To develop marketing and promotional materials for the events In conjunction with the Marketing & Communications team
- Ensures that all donor information (both attendee and auction prize donations), sponsor information, event attendees details are entered and updated in Raiser’s Edge
- Prepares financial and written reports for the Board, Committees, senior executives and staff meetings as appropriate
- Other duties that arise to ensure smooth, successful, and memorable events
- Represent the organization positively in public at all times by acting as a professional representative and ambassador
- Assists in other areas as needed
Excellent benefits package. Deadline for applications: July 31st, 2017.
Forward resume by mail or e-mail to:
Sherry Cannon, Vice President, Finance/Operations
Children’s Hospital Foundation of Manitoba
CE 501, 840 Sherbrook Street
Winnipeg, MB. R3A 1S1
We thank all candidates for applying. Only those selected for interview will receive notification.