The Globe and Mail is seeking a highly productive, strategic and multi-talented Head of Event Content who will work with the Marketing and Revenue teams to identify profitable Event themes. This person will lead the content programming (selection and recruitment of speakers/moderators/panelists) for Globe Live events and will also lead the Event content programming for non-Globe branded client events. The candidate will be an ambassador of change while driving customer/audience engagement.
This job requires someone with a creative and strategic approach to event programming and marketing, with a well-rounded content creation background and a flexible, can-do mindset. Effective management and communication of The Globe’s unique brand value is critical to our success.
The successful applicant will report to the Vice President, Marketing.
- Work with The Globe newsroom and Custom Content group to develop content plans in advance of event (pre-promotion) and to develop post-event content for use across Globe properties
- Assist Event Sales and Marketing teams in the development of Event content/descriptions for inclusion in promotional and sales materials surrounding planned events (including Sponsor pitches)
- Lead all speaker/content logistics (recruitment and briefing of speakers, recruit in-house moderators etc.)
- Work with Editorial/Social Media/Custom content teams to develop Social Media plan for Events
- Work with in-house (or external resourced) video teams to develop content out of Events executed.
- Responsible for creating content to populate The Globe’s Event website for consumers as well as a monthly Events Newsletter for Globe Readers (highlights of events, upcoming event promotion etc.).
- Responsible for people management of at least one direct report.
- A university degree with preference for candidates with a Public Relations or Journalism degree
- 8-10 years’ experience in a live events role within an agency, news organization or content marketing environment
- Ability to move between strategy and execution with a high willingness to work collaboratively within cross-functional teams
- Must be able to thrive within a fast-paced and rapidly-changing business environment
- Enthusiasm and knowledgeable about how to effectively drive employee and customer engagement
- Skills for building and maintaining strong professional relationship with peers and leaders across the company, and aligning requests to the events’ strategy (with an ability to say no)
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
Interested applicants should forward a soft copy of a current resume, in confidence to The Globe and Mail’s Careers Page.
Please quote the posting code 2017-054 at the top of your resume or in your cover letter.
The Globe and Mail Inc is dedicated to equity in the workplace.
At The Globe and Mail, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible work environment, where all employees feel valued, respected and supported. The Globe and Mail offers accommodation for applicants with disabilities as part of its recruitment process. If you are contacted to arrange for an interview, please advise us if you require an accommodation.