Associate Manager, Community Event Marketing
October 10, 2017
Tell us your story. Don’t go unnoticed. Explain why you’re a winning candidate. Think “TD” if you crave meaningful work and embrace change like we do. We are a trusted North American leader that cares about people and inspires them to grow and move forward.
Stay current and competitive. Carve out a career for yourself. Grow with us. Here’s our story: jobs.td.com
As a member of the Community Event Marketing Team, the successful candidate will require a solid understanding and expertise in all areas of event marketing and management with a focus in event execution.
This position will report directly to the Community Event Marketing Manager and will provide meaningful direction of creative planning and execution within sponsorship integration, High Net Worth, Community and Diversity campaigns both nationally and locally across Canada.
The successful candidate will:
- Develop and implement a fully integrated event marketing and communication strategy that will support the organization’s mission and goals.
- Ability to leverage customer insights to develop creative strategy briefs that support the business objectives.
- Ensure marketing solutions/initiatives are strategically sound and consistent with TD’s customer experience and brand image.
- Manage projects within an agreed upon budget, timelines and approvals and develop, track and execute assigned projects following established processes.
- Provide a high level of service by evaluating the effectiveness of programs and making recommendations for improvement where appropriate.
- Able to build and manage relationships with cross-function internal and external business partners (i.e. Agencies, Planning, Regional Offices, Legal, etc.) to ensure execution of project deliverables.
- Actively participate on cross-functional teams and provide seamless hand-offs/delivery internally.
- Poses strong presentation skills in order to sell in creative/event concepts to various levels of stakeholders.
- Being able to execute multiple tasks and campaigns simultaneously.
- Stay abreast of market trends, opportunities, and competitive organizations and activities.
- Minimum of five to seven years of marketing experience at agency or client side with a focus in event marketing preferred.
- Must be nimble and both proactive and reactive in addressing needs.
- Superior execution and project management abilities.
- Strong written, oral, presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Proven problem solving, negotiation and decision-making skills.
- Demonstrated success in simultaneously bringing multiple projects through to successful completion.
- Strong creative evaluation and innovative thinking skills.
- Ability to think strategically and inspire others.
- Must be able to work in a team environment with a multi-disciplinary group.
- Solid understanding of local/community-based marketing and sponsorship.
- Ability to work independently, manage multiple projects and keep key players informed.
- Digital marketing experience is an asset.
- High attention to detail and strong organization skills are a must have.
Specific Educational Requirements/Accreditations:
- Post-Secondary education required.
- Event Marketing and Marketing Communications preferred.
- Fluent in French is an asset
At TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live and serve. If you require an accommodation for the recruitment/interview process (including alternate formats of materials, or accessible meeting rooms or other accommodation), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.