Reporting to the Director, Travel Edge Events, the Senior Sales Executive - MICE is responsible for increasing meetings, events, and incentive travel volume and grow market share by identifying, qualifying, and recruiting new accounts into the operation.
- Develop and implement sales strategies, methodologies and processes to drive new business growth.
- Track competitor activity in the market and initiate necessary actions where appropriate.
- Represent the company externally in an effective manner. Determine appropriate trade show and other sales development event participation that affect the North American market.
- Represent the company in suitable trade and professional organizations.
- Build strong internal relationships so as to ensure appropriate support and cross-functional cooperation.
- Develop a lead/referral channel utilizing industry relationships, strategic and regional sales contracts, customers, and Travel Edge functional groups.
- Maintain pipeline of business development opportunities and provide regular reporting on their progress.
- Act as a communication conduit between the local industry and client services to define service enhancement opportunities.
- Actively prospect/call target accounts to qualify timing of actual sales opportunities. Initiate sales process at the appropriate time relative to contract expiration.
- Determine unique Travel Edge MICE value proposition for each prospect opportunity through careful analysis of prospect’s current business, challenges, goals, and operations.
- Develop and maintain strong business relationships with decision makers and key influencers in North America.
- Create and develop appropriate sales strategies to win new business in North America.
- Draft and deliver sales presentations and Request for Proposals (RFPs)
- Meet and exceed monthly and annual revenue target set by Travel Edge Events.
- Manage prospect relationship data in Salesforce system.
- Ensure smooth transition of new business to Travel Edge Events team.
- Performs other duties and assists in all areas, as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field preferred.
- Extensive experience in B2B sales/business development.
- Experience selling to C-Suite.
- Strategic selling and closing skills.
- Proven ability to drive sales results and work in a KPI intensive environment.
- Consultative communication skills, including presentation, sales and negotiation in a business to business environment.
- Strong written communication skills, experience with writing RFPs preferred.
- Ability to function in a fast-paced, demanding environment
- Strong financial and business acumen (planning, budgeting, and forecasting skills)
- Self-starter, team player, and able to work independently.
- Meetings & Events experience, an asset.
- Extensive professional network.
- Ability to travel up to 30%.
We thank all candidates for their interest however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please apply at the following link: