Requisition ID: 16200
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off.
Directs the planning and processes of the Global Event Management team for Scotiabank. This includes developing client event strategy and directing the execution of all events globally; planning, negotiation and management of event including its’ branding; management of promotional items and overseeing the global event management accounting function
1) Direct and drive the development and execution of Scotiabank global event program (300+ events per annum with budgets ranging from $25,000 - $150,000 on average and up to $1 million +)
2) Review and develop corporate event marketing strategies, as well as individual business line event strategies.
3) Provide leadership, counsel, coaching and developmental support to key reporting staff.
4) Research suppliers, develop client strategic objectives, event concepts and cost proposals and execute events upon approval
5) Create and oversee the execution of corporate conferences and events to support business lines in achieving their revenue targets.
6) Manage all projects to assigned budgets by optimising expenses, negotiating multiple supplier contracts.
7) Appropriately manage people resources – both internal and external suppliers, business line representatives and department co-workers
8) Develop and recommend client event policies that are competitive and meet required regulatory tests.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
Education and Other Requirements
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
As Canada’s International Bank, we are a leader when it comes to inclusion. We are a diverse and global team, speaking more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. We value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. Candidates selected for an interview will be contacted directly. If you require accommodation during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know. We will work with you to provide as seamless a recruitment experience as possible.