The Ontario Dental Association (ODA) is the voluntary professional association representing more than 9,000 members – nine in 10 of Ontario’s dentists.
The ODA is Ontario’s primary source of information on oral health and on the dental profession. We advocate with a unified voice for accessible and sustainable optimal oral health for all Ontarians. Working with health-care professionals, governments, the private sector and the public, the ODA promotes the highest standards of dental care and the critical role of the dentist as the leader of the oral health-care team.
We provide a wide range of services, resources and continuing education programs to support ODA dentists in their pursuit of professional excellence and personal fulfillment.
The ODA has an immediate need for an:
ASSISTANT COORDINATOR, CONFERENCE AND EVENTS
(Temporary – 1 Year)
The Assistant Coordinator, Conference and Events supports the Events team with project management and implementation duties associated with the design and development of the Annual Spring Meeting (ASM) Conference and Trade Show educational program, marketing and trade show administration and other events-related projects.
- Support the Exhibits and Sponsorship Coordinator in the administration and allocation of exhibitor applications/contract and the tradeshow management software (Expocad)
- Support the development and fulfillment of sponsor contracts
- Support the Manager, Conference and Events with project management, production scheduling and assembly of all marketing plan deliverables for the ASM, including the Conference Program, as well as work with suppliers in the delivery of design elements, advertising and other deliverables.
- Develop onsite manifest for the Metro Toronto Convention Centre which captures the onsite infrastructure and menu planning for the ASM.
- Develop and implement the ASM workshop grid and onsite review of deliverables for all workshops. Manage the onsite delivery process with sponsors and suppliers.
- Working with the Communications and Public Affairs team, support the development of design elements and the project plan for the implementation of the ASM Mobile App, social media and ASM website
- Support project management of deliverables for the feature areas on the exhibits floor through to onsite installation
- Support the speaker contracting process and deliverables for speaker packages
- Support development of the room monitor schedule and temporary staffing schedule for the ASM through to assisting onsite with allocating duties for temporary staff
- Support the distribution of continuing education (CE) certificates to ODA members
- Support the Manager and Director with development and distribution of support documentation for the Education Advisory Committee
- Support the development of RFQs and purchasing documentation (PRFs) for the events department
- Support other events and projects as assigned
- Post-secondary education (college diploma) in event management or a related discipline or equivalent combination of experience and education
Required Skills and Experience:
- Minimum 2 years meeting/convention planning experience in the events industry
- Experience working with mid to large sized convention with an education component and exhibits floor
- Experience in the healthcare and/or non-profit space would be an asset
- Experience in providing support to boards and committees
- Experience in contracts and managing third party vendors and sourcing venues
Please send cover letter and resume with salary expectations to:
The ODA is committed to fair and accessible employment practices, including providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities. If you require an accommodation due to disability during any aspect of the recruitment and selection process please submit your request to email@example.com.
We thank all applicants. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.