Associate Manager, Event Experience and Operations, Ride and Big Bike
Position: Associate Manager, Event Experience and Operations, Ride and Big Bike
Reports to: Manager, Event Experience and Operations, Ride and Big Bike
Department: Community Engagement
Location: Toronto, ON
Status: Permanent, Full-time
The Heart and Stroke Foundation
Life. We don’t want you to miss it.™ Saving moments. Funding breakthroughs. Saving lives.™
That’s why Heart & Stroke leads the fight against heart disease and stroke. Powered by donors and volunteers, we fund life-saving research and help Canadians lead healthier lives.
Heart & Stroke is a health charity active in communities across the country. We are sustained by the commitment and generosity of more than 100,000 volunteers and more than 1.4 million donors.
Would you like to plan one of Canada’s largest charity cycling, running and walking events? Would you be interested in planning the logistics for a national fundraising program at one of Canada’s most influential not for profit organizations? If you have an event planning background, strong interpersonal skills and a desire to help end heart disease and stroke, then come join our team.
The role of the Associate Manager, Event Experience & Operations is responsible for supporting the implementation of event operations plans for Ride for Heart and Big Bike. This role will focus on event logistics, event execution, volunteer recruitment & management and sponsorship deliverables for these programs.
Business Planning and Execution
Participate in the business planning process:
- Provide input into the overall Ride for Heart and Big Bike business reviews and plans
- Participate in ideation meetings
- Collaborate with the Manager in reviewing the business and identifying key conclusions
Event Execution - Ride for Heart & Big Bike
- Support the development of the annual Ride for Heart event production plan and the Big Bike operations plan
- Act as central contact for HSF teams for all event components, processes and procedures for Ride and Big Bike
- Prepare vendor contracts and provide an overview of the overall purpose and key elements of the contracts for review and approval by HSF Legal and Finance departments.
- Analyze current processes and systems to improve productivity and create efficiencies in delivery; lead projects as required.
- Execute Ride for Heart stewardship events
- Recruit office volunteers and interns on behalf of the Ride and Big Bike team
- Develop plan for Ride event volunteers
- Coordinate process to ensure volunteer recruitment targets are met and volunteers are well trained and adequately recognized for their contributions
- Work with Program Training team to design content for Big Bike webinars and townhalls for Big Bike staff and drivers
- Develop plan and execute participant check-in for Ride for Heart.
- Work with Supply Chain to ensure proper execution of complex event logistics and deliverables (materials, sponsor product etc)
- Analyze participant feedback to improve future event plans, identify gaps/opportunities and provide insights to business trends and opportunities
- Monitor direct and operating budgets for Ride for Heart and Big Bike to ensure annual profitability targets are met or exceeded.
- Provide input into annual budgets and forecasts
- Track event expenditures and manage any required invoicing or accruals
- Develop, maintain and leverage internal and external business relationships to ensure the successful implementation of events and to create innovative development opportunities for the future.
- Community Engagement team
- Supply Chain team
- Corporate Partnerships team
- Volunteer Engagement specialist
- Ride and Big Bike Operations Partner
- Minimum 3 years experience planning events and completing business planning and analysis
- University degree or College diploma
- Proficient PC skills with Microsoft Office; Advanced Excel knowledge
- Good organizational skills and multi-tasking ability, including adapting and shifting priorities as needed
- Organizational, analytical and logistical support skills
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively
- Ability to research, distill and convey complex information in a clear manner
- Ability to act in a consultative manner to influence and gain commitment from a variety of stakeholders;
- Must have ability to share and collaborate with a variety of working teams and event owners;
- Experience preparing, managing and reconciling budgets;
- Affinity for technology and the ability to learn and apply new skills easily;
- Demonstrated ability in working with online tools and databases
- Occasional evening and weekend work – especially as key event days come up
If you have the qualifications and share our passion for our mission, we invite you to forward your resume and cover letter to HSFC.Recruitment@heartandstroke.ca.
Please include the exact job title, including location, in the subject line of your email.
This job opportunity will remain posted until the position is filled.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position however we will only be contacting those selected for interviews.
Candidates from diverse groups are encouraged to apply. We are committed to fostering an inclusive, barrier-free and accessible environment. If you have been contacted for an interview and require an accommodation due to disability to participate in the recruitment and selection process, please advise and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Learn more and get involved with Heart and Stroke at www.heartandstroke.ca