Associate Campaigns & Events Specialist (Contract)
Job Locations CA-ON-Toronto
Requisition ID 20021164
Job Category Marketing
Travel Requirements 10%
If you have to spend, on average, 54% of your waking hours at work, why not do something meaningful – that you can be proud of? SAS is making a difference in people’s lives all around the world. Our analytics software helps organizations make the kinds of important decisions that drive change each and every day – like how to capture the bad guys, keep kids safe, feed the hungry, and even ensure that people who struggle to learn are not lost.
Note: This is a contract until December 2018
- Responsible for operations and logistics of marketing activities, events and/or campaigns in accordance with SAS's sales and marketing initiatives for both internal and external clients/customers/prospects.
- Creates and executes plans in the areas of facility/onsite support and set-up, equipment, catering, speaker care, production and distribution of materials/signage for SAS and third-party live and virtual events.
- Analyzes data to make informed decisions for current and future events/activities/projects to validate success and make recommendations for improvement.
- Initiates and nurtures relationships with internal partners, stakeholders and third-party vendors to ensure successful event/activity/project completion.
- Monitors individual project expenses to keep within budget guidelines; works to minimize costs and maximize efficiency and effectiveness.
- Utilizes and masters systems that enable marketing processes and campaign development.
- Travel to support meetings across Canada.
- Researches and evaluates potential locations for events.
- Analyzes objectives for assigned events and develops strategies for ensuring optimal effectiveness.
- Plans for and communicates event/activity/project details both internally and externally.
- Analyzes and reports on the results of projects and makes decisions and recommendations for future projects.
- Serves as primary event manager with third-party vendors and internal and external staff.
- Deliver technical and informative presentations as required.
- Support retention marketing programs as required. This may include customer onboarding program presentations, after hours Meet Up support, online community management.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Considerable understanding of business-to-business sales/marketing processes, operations, and initiatives.
- Some knowledge of SAS or other analytics software.
- Proven experience delivering presentations to an external audience.
- Excellent customer service, organizational, and communication skills; ability to work in a fast- paced, customer-driven environment; ability to multitask, prioritize, and manage time effectively; strong decision-making, problem-solving, and project management skills
- Ability to work under pressure with specific deadlines and attention to detail
- Sound proficiency in key internal and external software applications
- 1-3 years of working experience
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in business or related field or the equivalent in professional experience.
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in Canada.
SAS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Equivalent combination of education, training, and relevant experience may be considered in place of the education requirement stated above.
The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant's education, skills and experience.
Resumes may be considered in the order they are received.
SAS employees performing certain job functions may require access to technology or software subject to export or import regulations. To comply with these regulations, SAS may obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for employment. SAS collects this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process.