at Bombora San Francisco or Reno
Bombora is seeking an enthusiastic and highly organized Events Manager to produce events from conception through completion. Our ideal candidate must be able to work well within time limits to plan, resource, and oversee the events. Excellent people skills are a must as they will be working with staff, partners and customers directly to identify their needs and exceed their expectations. The abilities to multitask and prioritize are essential, as this role involves overseeing logistics, facilities as well as details such as decor, catering, entertainment, transportation, location, invitee list, special guests, equipment, promotional material, etc. This person will be based in the San Francisco or Reno office, and report directly into the CMO.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ability to see the “big picture” and meet objectives in all stages of event planning, design, and production.
- Management of all project elements within time limits and on budget.
- Exceptional communication skills to liaise with clients, identify their needs, and ensure customer satisfaction.
- Able to conduct market research and gather information.
- Able to work closely with marketing, sales, customer success to ensure most compelling programming
- Understanding of marketing and advertising industry especially related to business to business marketing
- Negotiation of contracts.
- Providing clear, well-written periodic reports to stakeholders.
- Management and organizational skills needed to oversee facilities and manage all event details such as decor, catering, entertainment, transportation, location, invitee list, special guests, equipment, promotional material, etc.
- Commitment to compliance with all insurance, legal, health, and safety obligations.
- People skills needed to staff events and coordinate their activities.
- Enthusiasm regarding collaborative work with marketing and PR departments to promote and publicize events.
- Proactive approach to handling issues and troubleshooting any emerging problems on the event day.
- Follow-through and willingness to conduct pre-and post-event evaluations, reporting on the outcomes.
- Research skills to identify event opportunities, understand the market, and generate interest.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- BS in Event Management or related field.
- 5+ years experience in an events role or similar
- Significant work experience as an events planner or organizer, within the software industry is preferred
- Impressive references and portfolio of previously managed events
- Superb time management and communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Sales skills and an aptitude for building productive business relationships.
- Ability to oversee multiple projects independently.
- Proficient in MS Office and other related tools.