Company West Edmonton Mall
Location Marketing Events
Opening Date Feb 08, 2018
Closing Date Mar 31, 2018
The Event Coordinator is responsible for assisting in the evaluation, coordination, execution and communication of unique and exciting events at West Edmonton Mall.
• Communication with clients and organizations to book, coordinate, and oversee various annual and special events held in numerous locations in West Edmonton Mall.
• Acting as a company liaison with organizers and clients in regards to ensuring customer and entertainment satisfaction.
• Researching and evaluating potential new events and activities of West Edmonton Mall to host.
• Ensuring the smooth operations of events and handling any unexpected challenges that may arise in a professional and calm manner.
• Coordinating with the promotions team to ensure proper set-up and tear down procedures are in place.
• Assisting with the creation and distribution of advertising and promotional materials for the events and activities hosted by West Edmonton Mall.
• Other responsibilities as required.
• Completion of a post secondary diploma or degree in Event Coordination, Marketing or commerce.
• Three (3) to five (5) years experience in an event coordination, promotions, or marketing based position.
• Must be driven, self-motivated, and be able to take charge of a situation when required.
• Exceptional time management skills and the ability to work in a fast paced ever changing environment.
• Strong interpersonal, organizational, computer, and communication skills are required for success in this position.
Terms of Employment:
• This is a full-time position that requires a flexible schedule that allows for occasional evenings and weekends to oversee certain events.
• This is a salaried position that will depend on experience and qualifications.
• Must be able to pass a basic security clearance.