Bilingual National Program and Events Manager
Job Location Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Posted on 02/02/2018
What is the opportunity?
As National Program & Events Manager, you will be accountable for leading, managing and supporting Private Banking’s national client events to enhance client knowledge and promote Private Banking capabilities. You will work closely with both the Regional and National Office Leadership teams on the strategic planning and execution of Private Banking client events and internal conferences, including vendor management and creating an exceptional black card guest experience. You’ll work with RBC Brand and Marketing partners (Enterprise, Lines of Business and Regional) to drive National Private Banking client engagement and business development, ultimately resulting in continued financial success for Private Banking Canada.
What will you do?
- Work with senior leadership team to develop and champion regional client engagement objectives, goals and priorities to strengthen relationships, grow business and generate referrals.
- Lead and manage the end-to-end strategic planning and execution of select regional sponsored thought leadership client events to enhance client knowledge and promote Private Banking capabilities.
- Manage and/or support the execution of National and Regional client engagement events in concert with RBC Brand and Marketing partners (Enterprise, Lines of Business and Regional) to drive client engagement and enable business development across Private Banking Canada.
- Manage and/or co-ordinate select National Office meetings and internal conferences. This includes, but not limited to National Banker Conference, Annual RMSS,RDCS, RMO conference, Bi-annual Private Banking orientation session, Credit Training /orientation sessions.
- Proactively provide strategic recommendations to evolving the Private Banking Canada client event management framework with the goal of reducing duplication and become more efficient.
- Act as COE on client event management tactics and provide clear recommendations and requirements to regional and national office partners.
- Manage and lead in the development of post event reporting requirements/sales analytics to support programs/events including using CRM tool for sales leaders in an effort to optimize how events are used as part of a business development strategy.
- Effectively manage all components of event management, including administrative duties to support event operations, including meeting management, development of client event briefings, regional activation documentation, critical paths, invitation processing and leverage learnings from past and post event results.
What do you need to succeed?
- Bilingual in both French and English, oral and written
- Highly effective time management skills with the ability to prioritize and plan effectively, proven project management & organizational skills
- Able to take initiative, function autonomously and perform as an active team member with exceptional collaboration skills
- Intermediate working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Video Webcast and other industry technology
- Must be flexible to work outside of standard working hours. Also ability to travel if required
Nice to Have
- 3 to 5 years’ experience in planning conferences and events in a financial services environment and/or experience in large matrix organizations, with specific experience in planning high end events
- Event planning designations (CMP, CMM) designations an asset
What’s in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses and flexible benefits, competitive compensation and stock where applicable
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- To be part of a large and growing organization which puts client interests first and has a culture of fairness and accountability
- Flexible work/life balance options
- Opportunities to do challenging work
- Opportunities to take on progressively greater accountabilities
- Access to a variety of job opportunities across business and geographies
Royal Bank of Canada is Canada’s largest bank, and one of the largest banks in the world, based on market capitalization. We are one of North America’s leading diversified financial services companies, and provide personal and commercial banking, wealth management, insurance, investor services and capital markets products and services on a global basis. We have over 80,000 full- and part-time employees who serve more than 16 million personal, business, public sector and institutional clients through offices in Canada, the U.S. and 37 other countries. For more information, please visit rbc.com.
Get Career Alerts
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up for Career Alerts and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at rbc.com/careers.
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
RBC is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans status, Aboriginal/Native American status or any other legally-protected factors. Disability-related accommodations during the application process are available upon request.
Address: 200 Bay St.
Work Hours/Week: 37.5
Work Environment: Office
Employment Type: Permanent
Career Level: Experienced Hire/Professional
Pay Type: Salaried
Required Travel (%): 0-25
People Manager: No
Application Deadline: 2018-02-19
Req ID: 156610