Administrative Assistant and Events Coordinator (Admin Asst 2) - (10003999)
What do we do?
Lumentum (NASDAQ: LITE) is a market-leading manufacturer of innovative optical and photonic products enabling optical networking and commercial laser customers worldwide. Lumentum’s optical components and subsystems are part of virtually every type of telecom, enterprise, and data center network. Lumentum’s commercial lasers enable advanced manufacturing techniques and diverse applications including next-generation 3D sensing capabilities. Lumentum is headquartered in Milpitas, California with R&D, manufacturing, and sales offices worldwide. For more information, visit www.lumentum.com.
Lumentum welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
What Will You Do?
The Administrative Assistant and Events Coordinator responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Perform administrative duties for VP/Directors and their staff;
- Handle complex calendaring, scheduling internal and external meetings with the ability to anticipate conflicts, solving scheduling issues as necessary;
- Arrange complicated domestic and international travel which may include developing itineraries and agendas, booking transportation, arranging lodging, and coordinating onsite and offsite meeting accommodations;
- Prepare and submit expense reports;
- Welcome guests and customers by greeting them, in person or on the telephone; answering or directing inquiries;
- Assist in coordinating interviews;
- Maintain organizational charts, department event calendars, email distribution lists, etc.;
- Will take the lead on all site related events, activities, charity events and fundraising activities;
- Maintains adequate inventory of supplies;
- Creates and updates Office floor plans, workstation maps and nameplates;
- Maintains copier areas and meeting rooms with required supplies and ensures equipment and furniture are in working order.
- May be asked to do special projects as needed and as time allow:
- Serves as department point of contact to help set up new hires (e.g. desk set up, address or route basic IT questions, etc.) Also serves as the point of contact for the team members for general questions or directions to appropriate resources (e.g. where to go for assistance with accounts payable, P.O.’s, etc.);
- Will lead or support other Lumentum Admin team members in coordinating small and large scale activities like employee events and parties, meals for small working lunches up to larger events, interdepartmental and staff meetings, customer visits and company-wide town hall meetings at various locations;
- On occasion, assistance will be needed to distribute key announcements to large audiences and to check that communications are clear and error free;
- Act as a back-up EA as needed for other Executives;
- Contribute to the preparation of the annual Top 100 Employer application.
This position requires:
- 2-3 years of experience in a similar corporate administrative support role that requires organizing and prioritizing coupled with experience in event planning, fundraising and working with charitable organizations;
- Experience using Oracle business systems, iExpense, iProcurement or similar applications and fully proficient with Microsoft Office tools, e.g. Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint;
- Proven experience coordinating detail-intensive travel schedules, including international travel, smoothly efficient meetings and other activities;
- Must have experience in coordinating small and large meeting events, e.g. solid advance planning, coordinating meeting room needs (e.g. work with Facilities to set up room layout, etc.) ensuring audio/visual equipment is set up and ready to go prior to meeting start times, capable of trouble-shooting during key events to keep speakers and audience focused, etc.;
- Strong customer service and problem solving skills to interact with all levels – from first line employees to executives and customers;
- Must be capable of multi-tasking with ease in a fast paced environment;
- Available to work outside of regular business days and hours on occasion for key events on site and off site. May be required to attend or commute to off-site events/meetings;
- Ability to anticipate issues and address them before they occur and willing to learn new skills to expand range of responsibilities;
- Willing to represent the company well and professionally at all times;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Primary Location: CA-CA-Ottawa
Work Locations: Ottawa, CAN - 61 Bill Leathem Drive, Ottawa K2J 0P7
Job: Administrative Assistant
Organization: Canada BU
Employee Status: Regular
Job Type: Standard
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Job Posting: Feb 9, 2018, 11:25:50 AM