Special Events Coordinator (Temporary Contract Feb-Oct 2018)
The Boys and Girls Club of Ottawa (BGCO) is seeking an enthusiastic, dynamic individual with a positive attitude to join the Advancement team. This is a unique opportunity to work in a dynamic environment and feel the satisfaction of truly impacting the lives of children and youth.
Applications are invited for a full-time Special Events Coordinator position. It is a temporary position (February to October 2018).
Reporting to the Director of Advancement, the incumbent will be responsible for:
- Primary staff liaison for most major annual fundraising events at the BGCO.
- Primary staff liaison for all third party fundraising events.
- Work with the Director of Advancement to achieve fundraising goals established for this position.
- Three years of related corporate or non-profit/charity event planning experience.
- Experience working with long-standing and committed volunteers.
- Special Event planning: provide support to event committees, assist with day-of event logistics, post-event evaluation, stewardship and budget reconciliation.
- Ability to build and maintain corporate relationships through special events and look for opportunities to increase support either through events or to the Club directly.
- Ability to identify, research, solicit and steward new event prospects.
- Bilingualism (French/English) is an asset.
- Broad knowledge and experience in: Outlook, Microsoft Office, Abila or other fundraising database.
- Demonstrated leadership and organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently, handle multiple priorities and respond to deadlines.
- Demonstrates a high level of attention to detail while also looking at the big picture.
- Strong team player who works collaboratively with many different stakeholders.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to interact positively with children.
Please note: the following are required for this position:
- Valid Driver’s License and access to a vehicle.
- Current Police Record Check (vulnerable sector).
- Ability to work evenings and weekends as required.
Please include the job title in the subject line of your email.
All interested candidates are asked to submit their application, in confidence, to the Boys and Girls Club of Ottawa, Human Resources Department at email@example.com no later than February 18, 2017.
We are an equal opportunity employer that encourages all interested candidates to submit a detailed resume and cover letter, quoting the position title.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position however we will only be contacting those selected for interviews.