Job Ref. No. ECHE0001618
Hotel Chelsea Hotel, Toronto
Department Sales & Marketing
Position Executive Meeting Manager
Last Application Date 03 Mar 2018
Job Summary .
Reporting to the Director of Catering, the Executive Meeting Manager participates in all sales activities. The EMM team works with the external sales team and is accountable for revenue goals in designated market segments and achieving departmental customer service goals.
· Complete understanding of the Chelsea philosophy and apply to all phases of the meeting planning process to include the transition from the sales manager, pre-planning, onsite execution, post meeting follow-up and relationship maintenance.
· Act as Take The Lead Champion.
· Qualify incoming opportunities that require less than 40 room nights (including catering only) for all market segments.
· Prepare proposals and block space within designated parameters. Confirm business with contracts.
· Key accounts and contacts will be handled jointly with external sales personnel.
· Prepare files for turnover to Conference Service Managers for business arriving beyond 30 days of booking and over 25 covers and/or room nights.
· Achieve sales activity quotas.
· Service definite business when it arrives within 30 days of booking or has 25 and less covers and/or room nights. Servicing includes coordinating all aspects of the customer’s requirements up to the point of greeting the customer on their day of arrival and follow-up immediately following event. This includes, but is not limited to: meeting room setups, food & beverage requirements, rooming lists, VIP’s, payment and billing arrangements.
· Develop contacts and leads for external sales managers.
· Perform site inspections, entertain clients, and participate in FAMS.
· 2 – 3 years experience as Executive Meeting Manager or equivalent Hotel Operations experience.
· Excellent organizational skills, multitasking and time-management.
· Basic working knowledge of Delphi Operating System.
· Additional computer skills required in various programs including Word, Excel and Power Point.
· Post secondary education in Hospitality Management or Event Planning an asset.
· Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills.
· Present a professional image at all times.
· Sell creative and innovative ideas to customer.
· Excellent communication skills.
· Outstanding customer service skills.
· Flexible hours based on upcoming events and groups to include weekends & evenings.
· Ability to sit for extended periods.
· Ability to work on a computer for extended periods.
The Chelsea Hotel, Toronto is committed to providing a fair and equitable work environment and encourages applications from qualified women, men, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities. As per the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), Chelsea Hotel, Toronto will accommodate the needs of applicants with disabilities throughout all stages of the selection process. If you need accommodation during the recruitment process, please advise your Talent Acquisition representative.
Terms of employment . Full time