MCI is the world’s leading provider of strategic engagement and activation solutions and has been a key driver of innovation in the meetings, events, association and congress industries since 1987. Through creative live experiences and digitization, globalization, brand enhancement and content strategies, MCI helps multinational companies and international associations to enhance organizational performance, grow globally, energize communities and drive business results. With offices in 64 cities and 32 countries, MCI is a leader in driving results with inspiring meetings, events and congresses.
We have an opportunity for a professional Account Manager (Bilingual) with experience managing Incentive Travel Events, and Meetings/Conferences. This is a full time, 9-month contract position in our Toronto office, with potential to become a full time permanent position.
You will be responsible for managing, planning and delivering world class corporate meetings and incentive events in our Corporate Division. You thrive in a fast-paced work environment, are experienced with managing client relationships, possess a proactive solutions oriented approach and are Bilingual (English/French).
We offer challenging positions for talented candidates who have a commitment for excellence, are team oriented and focused on delivering a quality service to our clients. We are committed to building and nurturing a dynamic workforce, which thrives on delivering the best experience for our clients.
Account Manager (Bilingual) - Meetings & Events (Contract)
- Effectively plan and execute all details from start of program to successful execution
- Effectively maintain existing client relationships
- Coordinate all program elements such as air, production, venue logistics, collateral needs, food and beverage
- Manage and coordinate all suppliers and other third parties
- Compile menus, activity options, registration copy, gift options etc. for client approval and selection
- Participate in creative brainstorming and development sessions
- Work with air manager to arrange specific client flight requirements
- Prepare program documents (function sheets, confirmation and welcome letters, itineraries, etc.), and work with creative director to provide collateral solutions to client.
- Ensure on-site delivery and management of projects & onsite staff
- Ensure program budget is kept up to-date and re-costs sent to client as needed throughout the planning process
- Work collaboratively with Coordinators
- Financial Accountability including reviewing supplier invoices, ongoing recosts as needed and final client account reconciliation
- Conduct post event survey with client to assess level of client satisfaction
Required Experience, Skills & Abilities
- Minimum of 5 years of direct relevant industry experience and minimum 3 years’ experience planning and executing corporate meetings and incentive events as Project Lead (incentive travel event experience is mandatory)
- Degree or Diploma in Hospitality/Event Management, Business
- CMP designation preferred
- Fluent written and spoken English & French is required, with strong business communication skills
- Ability to manage large and complex projects as the lead and to communicate effectively with high level clients
- Enjoys working in a fast-paced team environment, with the ability to perform multiple tasks and handle multiple assignments simultaneously with efficiency and accuracy
- Excellent customer service skills and a positive attitude
- Well-developed time management skills: highly organized, efficient, and detail-oriented
- Responsible and able to work both independently and with project teams for individual events
- Excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to thrive under pressure
- Strong computer skills: highly proficient levels in MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Ability and available to travel internationally
If you meet the experience, skills & language requirements, please email your resume and cover letter in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note: Applicants who do not already have legal permission to work in Canada will not be considered.
We thank all applicants for their interest and advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted. For more information, visit our website at www.mci-group.com/en-ca