EVENT DELIVERY ADMINISTRATOR
Imagine working for an organization that brings out the best in you and allows you to showcase your passion for creating awesome customer experience. Imagine being part of a team that gets to create lasting memories for our clients and guests.
Westerner Park provides exceptional guest experiences through premier facilities and services for agriculture and trade, sports and entrainment, conferences and meetings, generating economic benefits for Central Alberta.
The Event Delivery Administrator is a key member of the Westerner Park Event Delivery team. The Event Delivery Administrator is responsible for assisting the Event Delivery Manager on day to day Event Delivery. This role is charged with the goal to effectively and efficiently support the Event Delivery Manager and team to deliver on exceptional guest experiences for both internal and external customers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Under the direction of the Event Delivery Manager the Event Delivery Administrator is responsible for:
Event Production and Planning
- Support the Event Delivery Manager to develop staffing requirements based on productivity objectives
- Oversee call outs to fill schedule vacancies due to absences
- Create and monitor weekly production goals to meet customer’s deadlines and expectations
- Support planning and event execution for major events and employee events as required
- Build and maintain strong customer relationships with all Departments to understand, identify and support communications and exchange of information to contribute to exceptional service offering
- Set up training and prepare materials/ packages as required and track employee completion and certification requirements
- Order replacement and new signage for Westerner Park including Westerner Days
- Track and administer Vacation requests
- Work with Human Resources in the selection process and onboarding of new hires for Event Delivery
- Collecting, track and administer relevant hire documents and updates for Event Delivery Staff
- Support the Event Delivery Manager in collecting and confirming documentation for procedures and reference.
- Manage and track clothing orders for staff uniforms
- Prepare all Employer related WCB forms and liaison with HR to support employee through process and return to work
- Collect and manage Event Delivery teams timecards, calculations and timesheet allocations to ensure accuracy and timely submissions to payroll
- Oversee recycling program for Westerner Park
- Responsible for coordinating Christmas decorations through all facilities onsite
- Assist with Admin meetings as required for Administration team.
- Provide support for reception coverage as required
- Payroll, including tabulation of sick days, vacation days, start dates, probation dates and benefit start dates.
- Collect and compile invoices, apply coding ensuring accuracy to submit to Finance Department
- Ensure that Finance Department requests are resolved and communicated in a timely manner to internal and external parties
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a collaborative working style
- Ability to challenge and debate issues of importance to the organization
- Ability to be organized and prioritize work under pressure and meet tight timelines
- To be self-motivated
EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS
- Excellent computer skills and proficient in Word/Excel/Outlook/Access/PowerPoint/Publisher
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Budget development and oversight experience
- Excel at operating in a fast paced, community focused environment
- Minimum of 3 -5 years Administrative support
- Scheduling experience would be considered an asset
- Post secondary or certificate in relevant field
- The ability to work additional hours during peak times as required
Email resume to Human Resources at AskUs@westernerpark.ca with subject line: Event Delivery
This position will remain open until suitable candidate is found.
Westerner Park supports diversity in all our human resources practices.