Wedding and Event Manager
JOB SUMMARY: The Wedding and Event Manager ensures high standards of servicing weddings and events are met from selling to execution. The Wedding and Event Manager is expected to be available to proactively attend trade shows, meet with wedding couples, facilitate menu tastings, complete detailed and accurate event orders. Further, they will be the onsite event manager, to ensure all expectations and details are exceeded.
ACCOUNTABILITIES: The Wedding and Event Manager is responsible for responding to incoming inquiries, developing and recommending any ideas or solutions to improve the sales and marketing operation. The Wedding and Event Manager will be required to work cohesively with the sales, catering and banquet teams to ensure that all weddings are seamlessly executed and conveyors/wedding couples’ expectations are exceeded. Ultimately they are to ensure that the revenues generated by the wedding market meet or exceed budgeted expectations.
DUTIES AND FUNCTIONS
- Approach all encounters with guests and employees in a friendly, service oriented manner.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with New Castle standards, as required by scheduling which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which include wearing the proper business attire and nametag when working.
- Comply at all times with New Castle standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
- Program all business by maximizing use of space and rooms.
- Prepare proposals and contracts to hotel standards.
- Maintain accurate, legible client contact records and files to ensure current and future quality service and enhance future prospects.
- Participate in community and professional organizations to maintain high visibility and promote sales.
- Attend industry trade shows on an as needed basis to increase and develop business.
- Perform special projects and other responsibilities as assigned.
- Create business partnerships with clients to develop all opportunities for potential business.
- Follow rate and segment guidelines.
- Attend weekly Sales meetings.
- Consistent utilization of the CI/TY Sales & Catering system adhering to the department standards set.
- Develop and implement new/special market programs relating to property stress times and market trends as they relate to current business trends, local area special events and industry trends.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Degree in Hospitality & Tourism Management or Business Degree with Event Management major preferred.
- At least 2 years of progressive experience in Hotel Sales or a related area of the Hospitality Industry required (preferably Tour & Travel market).
- High School diploma required.
- Bilingual (English/French) preferred.
- CI/TY experience preferred.
- Social Media; experience using Facebook, Twitter, Instagram etc.
- Knowledge of In Design program and graphic design.
- Knowledge of Marriott Sales & Catering systems.
TOOLS & EQUIPMENT:
- Computer, telephone, photocopy machine, fax machine, file cabinets, and other office equipment.
- Own a valid driver’s license and car.
- Long hours sometimes required.
- Light work – Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects
- Must be able to convey information and ideas clearly.
- Must be able to evaluate and select among alternative courses of action quickly and accurately.
- Must maintain composure and objectivity under pressure.
- Must be effective in handling problems in the workplace, including anticipating, preventing, identifying, and solving problems as necessary.
- Must have the ability to assimilate complex information, data, etc. from multiple sources and consider, adjust, or modify to meet the constraints of the particular need.
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying the concerns and issues raised by co-workers and guests.
- Must be able to work with and understand financial information and data, and basic arithmetic functions.