Department: Meeting Logistics
Location: Fairfax, VA
SPARGO, Inc. is a full-service event management company. SPARGO offers a full suite of services that support the production of trade shows, conventions, conferences, symposiums and seminars.
We are looking for a Meeting Logistics Coordinator to provide administrative and meeting-related support for the overall Meeting Logistics Department and various clients. The individual must be detail-oriented as well as have excellent communication skills and an outstanding customer service attitude. In addition, he/she must have the ability to switch between meetings and associated assigned responsibilities. This position reports to the Associate Director, Meeting Logistics or Senior Meetings Manager.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (in order of importance):
- Provide meeting planning support to the Meeting Logistics Department including but not limited to:
- Inputting detailed and accurate meeting specifications into database, assisting in the preparation of function books, and preparing/updating room diagrams (training provided).
- Creating and maintaining various planning documents and templates based on client requirements for use by Meeting Managers.
- Researching and reviewing potential restaurants and other meeting and event venues.
- Scheduling planning meetings and conference calls, and preparing and distributing well-written and detailed meeting notes during regular planning meetings/status calls with clients.
- Compiling post-meeting notes, capturing onsite updates/changes into database for historical records, reviewing final invoices for accuracy noting any discrepancies for Meeting Managers, and preparing reconciliation spreadsheets with client account codes.
- Coordinate review and approval of ancillary/in conjunction with (ICW) events for assigned accounts, including responding to email and phone inquiries, sending routine email communication, reviewing and updating ICW guidelines, conducting webinar with hotels, and testing ICW event submission website.
- Assist with speaker management (in some instances) for assigned accounts, including creating email templates, responding to email and phone inquiries, sending routine email communications gathering required information from speakers, and processing speaker reimbursement requests.
- Provide general administrative support to the department including collecting and distributing mail, preparing logistics supply trunks for shipment, ordering office supplies, and coordinating department birthday celebrations and other events as requested.
- Travel on behalf of SPARGO as required for the onsite execution of meetings.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications (computer & communication skills, training, certification, etc.):
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint. Experience with databases (Access preferred) is helpful.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills are essential with a focus on the ability to work independently, the capacity to establish priorities, meet deadlines, and handle competing tasks in a fast-paced environment, and the ability to remain positive and productive in the demanding situations.
- Diligent work habits and continual attention to detail in composing, editing and proofing materials; advanced-level business writing skills; and sound judgement and professional discretion with information is required
- Team player with the ability to collabrate successfully with others, share ideas, and assist other department members on projects as needed
Education and/or Experience:
- HS diploma (or equivalent) required and/or completion of related college-level courses.
- Minimum 1-2 years general administrative and customer service experience.
- Familiarity with the basic elements of meetings, including but not limited to catering, audiovisual, meeting room set ups, and invoice reconciliation and coding is preferred.
Travel Required: Up to 15%. During the onsite execution of meetings, early morning and evening hours as well as weekends may be required. During high volume planning periods, longer hours may be required.
SPARGO, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against otherwise qualified applicants on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, age, sex, marital status, national origin, disability, handicap or veteran status.
Only candidates who have completed an application will be given consideration.