The Edmonton Eskimo Football Club is seeking a part time, seasonal Event Team Supervisor.
Reporting to the Game Day & Events Coordinator, you are the heart of our Event Team, our front line game execution and community engagers. Your leadership will maintain and build fun engaging interactions with all of our fans, guests through friendly courteous and professional support at all home games and off-site events.
This seasonal role provides invaluable experience and training within the event and sporting industry.
In addition to being a team player, you are physically able to lift at least 35 pounds and participate in prolonged physical activity.
WHERE YOU SHINE:
· You are a natural motivator and team builder
· You think on your feet, quickly adapting to changing priorities and events
· You enjoy scheduling and living in the detail of an event from start to finish
· You are a trouble shooting genius
· You are flexible in an environment of constant change
· You delegate and lead by example
- The ability to work evenings and weekends, possibly holidays (must be available for all scheduled home games)
· A valid driver’s license
EDUCATION & TRAINING
- Physically able to stand for an extended period (3+ hours consecutively)
- Ability to perform manual tasks involving physical strength and endurance under variable weather conditions.
- Involves walking, sitting, standing, stooping, reaching, stretching and lifting up to 35 pounds occasionally.
- High school diploma at minimum
- Previous supervisory experience
- Post-secondary education in Sports/Event Management, or related field of study, entertainment/sports management experience and training is an asset
- Knowledge of the CFL is not required but considered an asset
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.