The Edmonton Eskimo Football Club is seeking enthusiastic individuals to work Eskimos games and community events throughout the 2018 season. This position is suited for individuals who desire to work in the field of event planning and/or public relations within the sports industry. Candidates should possess excellent organizational, verbal and written communication skills, basic knowledge of sports, and have the ability to work varying hours as well as weekends.
- Pre-game setup / Post game break down – includes properly transporting, handling and storing game day and promotional equipment. (Fan Entertainment Zone, player introductions, National Anthem, field flag, etc.)
- Assist with on-field promotions and halftime shows
- Assist with preparing the facilities as required
- Maintain event and game day equipment both owned and rented to minimize loss/damage.
- Work in tandem with the entire Eskimos staff to meet all stated objectives
- Other duties as required
- Self-starter and multi-tasker who can manage simultaneous projects
- Focused and organized, with attention to detail while respecting deadlines
- Must be dedicated, hard-working, and open to learning new skills through hands-on experience
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and sometimes high stress environment
- Ability to take initiative and contribute ideas and solutions
- Ability to make decisions and find alternative solutions to problems
- Ability to work and contribute in a team environment
- Ability to work evenings and weekends, possibly holidays
- Must be available for all scheduled home games
- Physically able to stand for an extended period (3+ hours consecutively)
- Ability to perform manual tasks involving physical strength and endurance under variable weather conditions.
- Involves walking, sitting, standing, stooping, reaching, stretching and lifting up to 35 pounds occasionally.
EDUCATION & TRAINING
- High school diploma at minimum
- Post-secondary education in Sports/Event Management, or related field of study, entertainment/sports management experience and training is an asset
- Knowledge of the CFL is not required but considered an asset
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.