EVENT FUNDRAISING COORDINATOR
At CARE, we seek a world of hope, tolerance and social justice, where poverty has been overcome and people live with dignity and security.
This has been our vision since 1945, when we were founded to send lifesaving CARE Packages® to survivors of World War II. Today, CARE is a global leader in the movement to eradicate poverty. In 2016, CARE worked in 94 countries and reached 80 million people with an incredible range of life-saving programs. We also put women and girls at the center of our work because we know that we cannot overcome poverty until all people have equal rights and opportunities. We seek dynamic, innovative thinkers to further our mission. If you share our core beliefs: poverty is an injustice; poverty is solvable; and together, we have the power to end it, join us.
Work Location : US - Atlanta, GA Type of Post : Not Applicable
Other Possible Location : New York Funding : APPROVED
Expected Travel : up to 20% Type of Contract :
Language Requirement : English Application Deadline :
Employee Duration :
CARE is looking for an Event Fundraising Coordinator for its 2018 Gala, scheduled for November 15, 2018 in New York City, with a goal to raise $1M unrestricted. The Gala is part of a comprehensive prospecting and new business development strategy, and the Gala Coordinator will provide support to the Executive Director of New Business Development in the following ways. This position can be based in Atlanta, GA or New York, NY.
- Participates in the planning and implementation of CARE’s 2018 Awards Dinner with respect to leadership, guests, invitations, fundraising, facilities, equipment, logistical requirements, catering, and on-site management.
- Ensures that internal follow-up is completed.
- Supports the Executive Director (and Event Consultant) with donor research, prospect and leadership list generation and outreach strategies.
- Conducts or assists with follow-up to donors and volunteers. This may include production of letters, telephone follow-up on mailings, scheduling and supporting senior leadership meetings and phone calls.
- Tracks and reports on outreach to prospective donors.
- Responds to standard email and phone requests for event information; screen calls and takes messages as needed.
- Prepares correspondence: edits, proofreads, and formats reports, documents etc.
- Coordinates and implements solicitation and acknowledgement mailings.
- Ensures that data entry, including gifts, is accurate.
- Creates, organizes and maintains program and event files and archives; makes copies, collates and distributes materials; and communicates details via fax and email.
- Assists with coordination of special donor cultivation meetings and events, leading up to Awards Dinner.
- Assists with production of Awards Dinner journal; ensures that donors are correctly listed in the program book, on all collateral materials, invitations, event signage, etc; and manages donor fulfillment so that all sponsor/donor benefits are successfully implemented
- Assists with creation and implementation of seating plan.
- Develops a strategy and plan for successful ongoing stewardship and follow-up with dinner funders and attendees to maintain their support, in partnership with relationship managers and major gifts team.
- Supports CARE’s overall new corporate prospect research, outreach and solicitation with a focus on expanding CARE’s unrestricted revenue opportunities by securing new funders for CARE’s events and programs. This includes developing a broader pipeline of supporters, completing research and cultivation plans, managing outreach and communications, and generally supporting the new business team’s prospecting efforts. This may also include ongoing donor support once funders are confirmed to ensure they receive high quality follow through and all sponsorship benefits are successfully implemented.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- This position is a 12-month role with potential to become a long-term employee
- Experience in supporting program, conference and/or event planning
- Knowledge and understanding of meeting and event planning principles, requirements, procedures, and available resources
- Outstanding organization skills, including scheduling, promoting and arranging
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, fundraising software
- Excellent relationship management skills. Ability to interact effectively with a range of stakeholders
- Strong verbal and written communication skills including telephone and email correspondence, proofreading and editing
- Ability to work effectively with volunteers
- Self-motivated with ability to work independently
- Flexible schedule required as event deadlines require work outside the 9 to 5 business hours
There are individuals who may use CARE’s name and trademark in emails and on websites in an attempt to solicit fees from interested job-seekers. Some examples of these fees are placement fees or immigration processing fees. CARE does not use recruiting or placement agencies that charge candidates an up-front fee of any kind. Occasionally, CARE does employ recruiting or placement agencies to help us identify candidates for specific employment within CARE. If you’re contacted by a legitimate recruiting or placement agency, there should be no charge to you. If you suspect that you have been a victim of fraud from someone purporting to be CARE, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
CARE USA is an equal opportunity employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you’d like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click here.