Service Manager - Senior Event Manager (91608)
Requisition Number 91608 Posted 09/03/2018 Canada - Shangri-La Hotel, Toronto Sales & Marketing Permanent
Shangri-La hotel, Toronto
Total account management to achieve budgeted catering targets, with an emphasis on social events and local corporate business, working directly with key accounts to develop business for the hotel, and maintain healthy growth according to the Sales and Marketing plan, maximizing the balance between Guest, Colleague and Owner satisfaction.
- Creative– Demonstrates a high degree of creativity and interest in food and wine, working directly with clients on menu planning, event planning, while maximizing revenues for the hotel.
- Relationship & Impression Management– Outstanding abilities to build and maintain relationships and demonstrated ability to make a naturally positive, lasting impression.
- Detailed oriented– Highly organized, superior time management skills, exceptional attention to detail particularly with Banquet Event Orders and Group Resumes.
- Goal oriented and Organizational skills– Able to plan, set and achieve goals on a continual basis, demonstrating superior organizational and time management skills.
- Emotional maturity– Internally proud, outwardly gracious and humble, a genuine ability to demonstrate Shangri-La core values of respect, sincerity, helpfulness, courtesy and humility.
- Teamwork & Respectful workplace– Friendly and helpful demeanor that fosters a respectful environment for others, with an exceptional ability to work well within a small, tight-knit sales team, as well as with all other internal colleagues.
- Communication– Excellent verbal and written communication with 100% fluency in English (additional languages desirable), displaying standards in line with Shangri-La expectations through appearance, manners, language and interactions.
- Ethical conduct and responsibility– Sets a positive example and fulfills responsibilities with the highest integrity, ethics and professionalism.
Shangri-La hotel, Toronto is compliant with its obligations under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, and will provide reasonable accommodation in the application and interview process for this position upon request.
- Minimum 3+ years previous work experience in a similar catering sales, banquets or events capacity.
- Previous experience within an international world-class hotel brand is an asset.
- Previous Sales courses such as networking, negotiating, planning and time management.
- Technology proficiency– Fully competent with current Windows based programs, hotel reservations systems, sales contact management systems and property management systems (ie. Delphi PMS).
- Windows based programs such as Word, Excel, and PowerPoint are essential.
- Minimum education requirements: High school diploma.
- Salaried Position – Days, Evenings, Weekends and/or Holidays involved.