The RCMI is seeking energetic multi-tasker to take on the role of Catering Sales Coordinator for a 12 month contract. Under the direction of the General Manager, the Catering Sales Coordinator will act with utmost integrity to provide prompt professional service as he/she reserves, plans and coordinates all aspects of private functions and catering events. He/she will demonstrate a high level of creativity and personal commitment to member/guest satisfaction. The Catering Sales Coordinator will be a team player, organizing logistics with the Food and Beverage Department, and ensuring all staff are kept up to date of any changes in the details of events.
Summary of Responsibilities
Sales & Account Coordination
- Developing new catering accounts through proactive solicitation in all market segments.
- Client catering presentations.
- Achievement of sales goals on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis.
- Designs, develops and sells creative catered events.
- Creation of sales collateral & tools as required.
- Maximises revenue by up-selling from our events sales kit.
- Develop and initiate all strategies, tactics and action plans required to achieve established sales revenue goals.
- Work collaboratively with the Executive Chef and Food & Beverage manager to develop creative, innovative catering menus and prices appropriate for clientele of the RCMI.
- Create Proposals, RFP’s and Bids on all event inquiries.
- Monitors the effective resolution of guest issues that arise as a result of the sales process by creating mechanisms to channel issues to General Manager and/or other appropriate stakeholders.
- Participate in sales meetings, sales training sessions, sales blitzes, and brainstorming opportunities to increase sales results for events business.
- Executes exemplary customer service to drive customer satisfaction and loyalty by assisting the customer and monitoring their satisfaction before, during and after their program/event.
- Serves the customers by understanding their needs and recommending the appropriate features and services that best meet their needs and exceed their expectations, while building a relationship and loyalty to RCMI.
- Actively control and manage our social media communication through RCMI Instagram account and other approved media communication channels.
- Uses his/her judgment to integrate current trends in event management and event design.
Operations & Administrative
- Generate contracts and closes catering and social business and all other administrative paperwork necessary.
- Respond to all events related inquiries via email and phone in a timely manner.
- Maintains database and filing system.
- Perform general office duties including the creation and distribution of Banquet Event Orders.
- Prepare weekly event overview, leading the weekly team meeting.
- Meet with members and guests to discuss special events and provide RCMI site tours.
- Liaise with Maitre d’ and Food & Beverage Manager, running pre-event meetings with necessary staff when required.
- Maintain an accurate tracking of signed Function Contracts, Terms & Conditions, Rooming Lists, Deposits, etc.
- Conduct competitive analysis every six months by investigating our competition set.
- Communicate with all required staff the necessary information regarding members/guests events prior to the function.
- Ensure all member/guest’s needs are met before events (such as entertainment, decorations, audiovisual and any other) in a most courteous, friendly and efficient manner.
- Receive, investigate and act upon complaints from members/guests.
- Demonstrate teamwork by cooperating and assisting co-workers as needed.
- Ensure compliance to all RCMI policies, standards and core practices.
- Maintain professional grooming and appearance at all times when representing RCMI as an ambassador.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the General Manager.
- Available to work weekends and evenings on occasions based on business demand.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- 1-3 years experience in a related field, private club or hotel experience preferred in Toronto.
- Knowledge of Jonas club management Software is an asset.
- Hospitality and/or marketing and sales degree would be considered an asset.
- Strong administrative skills are a must, with proficient use of Microsoft Office.
- Work efficiently within time lines and manage multiple tasks with strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to be flexible and accommodating with changing working hours.
We are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible work environment, where all employees feel valued, respected and supported. We offer accommodation for applicants with disabilities as part of the recruitment process. If you are contacted to arrange for an interview, please advise us if you require an accommodation.
We thank you for your interest, however, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.