Programs and Performer Services Assistant (PPSA)
Contract position: April 16 – August 3, 2018 (Approx. 16 weeks) with flexibility for a longer term beginning with part-time hours in April if the applicant’s schedule allows.
*Additional Evening/Weekend hours as required
Reporting to the Artistic Coordinator, the PPSA will provide operational and administrative support to the Artistic Department of the Winnipeg Folk Festival. This includes support for all Performer Services and Artistic programs including the 2018 festival as well as the Young Performers Program.
- Assistance to the Winnipeg Folk Festival Artistic Department for all activities; including on-site support, performer logistics, payroll/payment processing, and third-party bookings;
- Organization and assistance of performers’ transportation including city/airport permits and hotel arrangements;
- Organization and assistance with Family Area program animators and community groups;
- Delivery of the 2018 Young Performers Program, including application and information management, program logistics (venue, food and beverage, supplies and equipment), participant correspondence,etc.;
- Assistance to all Artistic Department volunteer crews;
- Preparation of text and materials for website updates, applications and program book production;
- Administrative support to the Artistic Department as needed;
- Report writing, including a final report with suggestions for improvement;
- Assistance with special events as needed including the summer Noon Hour Concert Series.
Qualifications & Assets:
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, etc.);
- Training in administration and program/event planning is desirable;
- Ability to work calmly and politely under pressure;
- Attention to detail;
- Ability to work independently and to manage multiple tasks simultaneously;
- Creative and resourceful problem solver;
- Experience in administration and organization required;
- Experience working in the non-profit arts sector desirable;
- Valid Class 5 driver’s license and access to a personal vehicle an asset.
The hours of work are generally 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM, Monday to Friday, a 35-hour week with a one hour unpaid lunch. During the weeks leading up to the festival, longer hours are required including evening and weekend work. To facilitate this, the Winnipeg Folk Festival works with staff to provide reasonable levels of flexibility.
To apply for this position please submit a resume and cover letter with PPSA in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org by March 20, 2018.