Apply For This Job
- Home Office
- Mid-Senior Level
Dedicated to telling stories and creating experiences, Indigo is always looking for bright, energetic and customer-focused people who can help bring our exciting mission to life in one of our more than 200 Indigo, Indigospirit, Chapters and Coles stores across Canada. We offer a variety of exciting opportunities at our retail stores, distribution centres, and home office for people who share our passions and want to be part of a dynamic and enriching culture.
WHO WE ARE
- We love books and all things beautiful
- We are Canada’s Cultural Department Store
- Books are our heart and our soul and Great Books are JUST the Beginning…
We play by the following rules:
- We exist to add joy to our customers’ lives each and every time they interact with us and our products
- Our job is to create joyful moments for our customers
- We treat each other the way we’d treat a valued friend
- We inspire each other to do our best work
- We seek to ignite creativity and innovation every day
- We give back to the communities in which we operate
On Fridays…WE DANCE. On the other days…we create meaningful experiences and joyful moments that connect with people who share the passion for reading, the belief in ideas, and the commitment to making the world a better and more beautiful place.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
As the Manager, Events you will design, develop, coordinate and manage a broad range of national in-store experiences including experiential events, author signings (think Alec Baldwin, Bruce Springsteen, Ethan Hawke), cross-functional campaigns, store grand openings and rebrands, IndigoKids events, community programming and many more.
Functional responsibilities include:
- Manage multi-channel event promotional platforms including: online, social media and in-store
- Execute select high profile celebrity author events that present high public relations and branding value across Canada, some travel required
- Develop event marketing strategy for upcoming fiscal year while coordinating brand alignment with internal partners
- Engage with external partners to build meaningful marketing partnerships; manage and coordinate internal resources to ensure cross-functional branding exposure and enhanced consumer benefits
- Work collaboratively with internal partners to educate stores on nationally-driven marketing programs and available tools
- Train and support stores on the execution of all author signing events; act as the key contact for internal partners including Trade, Social, Public Relations and Retail
- Lead annual refresh of all event marketing tools, templates and internal resources
- Confirm all offsite event opportunities and partner with publishers and stores to ensure smooth execution plan
- Contribute to national marketing meetings by presenting a national overview of events and learnings on a monthly basis; includes quarterly sales reports
- Identify opportunities to continuously improve event strategy
- Understand the impact to Indigo of changing external environmental factors (competitive, regulatory, technical, etc)
- Ensure the completion of team deliverables and set/adhere to team budgets, as applicable
- Act as an advocate for the customer by placing them at the forefront of all design and decision-making processes
- Proactively identify and anticipate customer expectations and needs
WHO YOU ARE:
You have a passion for all things events and a commitment to creating meaningful experiences. You’re a great listener, a strong communicator, and thrive in crowds large and small. You’re organized and process driven. You’ve got a strategic head on your shoulders, a strong knack for creativity, an eye for detail, and love to bounce ideas around with your team. You don’t mind working evenings, some weekends and holidays to attend the events you’ve worked so hard on. And of course, you have relevant experience to bring to the table, whether in marketing, PR or event management and have successfully lead events over the last 5 or more years.
Indigo Books & Music is committed to treating all people in a way that allows them to maintain their dignity and independence. We believe in integration and equal opportunity. Accommodations are available upon request for all applicants with a disability throughout the recruitment process. Please contact Human Resources if you require accommodation. We will work with all applicants to accommodate their individual accessibility needs.