MANAGER - SHOWS & EVENTS (MATRIX)
Job Function: Operations
Position type: Permanent
Employment type: Full - Time
Location: New York - New York
JOB TITLE: Manager – Shows and Events
DEPARTMENT: Matrix- Education Department
TITLE OF IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR: VP of Shows & Events
Be an integral part of the Shows & Events Team accountable for the Management, Negotiations, Timelines, Agendas, Budgets, day-to day operations & execution of assigned events. This position works closely with all departments in the Matrix organization including external vendors to ensure Matrix reaches it maximum potential, it requires vast experience in event planning and tradeshow logistics.
- Works directly with Education, Marketing, Sales and Production to develop and execute Matrix show and event strategies.
- Coordinates logistics of Meetings, Trade Shows and Distributor Shows including but not limited to the selection of Venue, Location, Room Block, FB, Badges, Artists, Presenters, Activities and working closely with Director of Production
- Develop recommendations of planogram and how this will impact the Education, Sales and Marketing objectives of Matrix. Coordinate all the fixture & merchandising elements.
- Develop and maintain relationships with warehouse team, manage the logistics of all Matrix properties in the storage, including bi annual audit.
- Work closely with Finance Personnel to manage purchases orders and invoicing procedures to ensure timely processing of invoices.
- Issue requests for proposals and negotiate contracts with venues and suppliers.
- Review proposals and make recommendations to management based on Matrix brand image and budget.
- Oversee execution of Exhibitor manual order forms for shows (i.e., negotiations with associations pertaining to shows, establish P&L)
- Brief all graphics and collateral materials used for any Matrix event.
- Vendor bill reconciliation, which include an audit of charges for services and bill-backs to internal Matrix Departments.
- Onsite execution is required, therefore monthly travel is necessary.
- 7+ years experience in the trade show/conference management/meeting planning industry
- Self-motivated team player with a marketing, sales and education mentality with the ability to communicate persuasively.
- Ability to use common sense, creativity, strong communication and written skills, problem-solving and willing to take initiative.
- Strong organizational skills, must be able to multi-task, meet tight deadlines and maintain composure under pressure and high stress situations.
- Quantitative and analytic skills are needed to formulate and follow budgets and to understand and negotiate contracts.
- Strong computer knowledge in Microsoft applications, i.e. Microsoft Word, Excel. PowerPoint and Access skills, a plus. Also peripheral knowledge of some type of drawing program.
- Strong interpersonal skills with a high aptitude for customer service.
- Budgetary accountability.
- Strong negotiation skills specific to the event planning and tradeshow industry
- Must have a professional attitude; function well in a team environment and under pressure. Positive attitude.Commitment to personal development and continuous learning.
- Passion for Beauty &/ or professional products division