Plans and executes meetings and special events. Position assists in the implementation of departmental strategies. The position has responsibility for the execution of all property events with a seamless turnover from sales to operations and back to sales where appropriate.
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED; 3 years experience in the event management, food and beverage, sales and marketing, or related professional area.
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Hotel and Restaurant Management, Hospitality, Business Administration, or related major; 2 years experience in the event management, food and beverage, sales and marketing, or related professional area.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Managing Meetings and Special Events Operations and Budgets
• Researches and analyzes new products, pricing and services of competition.
• Apprises property of all groups that will impact property operations.
• Executes event management strategy that is aligned with the company’s business strategy and leads its execution.
• Conducts daily walk-through of banquet floor to help ensure client satisfaction and quality standards.
• Develops working relationships with outside vendors and supports establishing prices and service agreements to enhance the event experience and to increase additional revenue opportunities for the property as needed.
• Creates opportunities to upsell during event planning.
• Manages department controllable expenses to achieve or exceed budgeted goals.
Ensuring Exceptional Customer Service
• Creates an atmosphere in all event management operations areas that meets or exceeds guest expectations.
• Sets a positive example for guest relations.
• Interacts with guests to obtain feedback on product quality and service levels.
• Responds to and handles guest problems and complaints.
• Empowers employees to provide excellent customer service.
• Ensures employees understand expectations and parameters.
• Strives to improve service performance.
• Emphasizes guest satisfaction during all departmental meetings and focuses on continuous improvement.
Conducting Human Resources Activities
• Communicates and executes departmental and property emergency procedures and ensures staff are trained in safety procedures.
• Observes service behaviors of employees and provides feedback to individuals.
• Monitors progress and leads discussion with staff each period.
• Participates in the development and implementation of corrective action plans.
• Attends and participates in all pertinent meetings.
• Reviews staffing levels to ensure that guest service and operational needs are met.
The Ritz-Carlton is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. The Ritz-Carlton does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.