Exhibitions, Conventions and Sales | Orlando, FL | Full Time
Plan and manage meetings and special events for IAAPA’s committee and constituency groups.
- Execute IAAPA’s meetings and special events consistent with IAAPA’s standards as a world-class exhibition and event producer for the amusement park and attractions industry
- Work with committee team to provide internal and external customer service and event execution
- Assist in development of individual event budgets, and manage budgets on a continuous basis within established financial parameters
- Liaison with other IAAPA departments to provide meetings services as assigned - to include committee meetings, board meetings, networking events and education seminars
- Serve as primary conduit between staff and vendors on meeting/event management
- Build and manage meeting registration for events as required using on-line registration software.
- Manage process for meetings and event service provider RFP, bid solicitation, evaluation, selection and contract negotiation in conjunction with IAAPA senior management
- Serve as primary point of contact and IAAPA representative for vendors including but not limited to: hotels, travel agencies, bus and transportation operators, DMCs, tour groups, AV and technology service providers, entertainment and general service contractors
- Establish and manage room blocks and provide reports to senior management on utilization, working to minimize financial obligations (such as attrition, F&B minimums, and cancellation penalties)
- Preparation and distribution of function sheets/books, meeting specs and sign orders
- Coordinate room layouts (seating charts) and stage sets for optimal capacity and usage
- Onsite event management (room sets, AV and signage placement, F&B consumption, entertainment, décor)
- College degree in event management, communications, marketing or equivalent experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office. iMIS and Cvent software knowledge preferred but not required.
- 3-5 years in meetings and special events management, preferably in non-profit (trade association), CMP designation and international experience preferred.
- Professional demeanor
- Must be extremely detail-oriented and able to balance several projects at once
- Keen ability to prioritize, meet strict deadlines, and make productive use of time under pressure
- Ability to anticipate problems and opportunities and the initiative to follow through quickly and independently
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Self-starter and ability to work with a team as well as by oneself with little supervision
- Must be able to adapt to all personality types and variety of subject matter
- 10% Travel Required
- Ability to work weekends and after hours during busy conference times
- Physical requirement include ability to travel, walk and stand for long period of time, stoop, drive, lift at least 45 pounds and willingness to perform manual labor specific to job (i.e. packing boxes, carrying signage, hail taxicabs, move tables and chairs etc.)