Sales and Event Manager
Founded in 2011, Travel Edge is a $750 million company specializing in Leisure, Corporate & Events, and Tours travel. The Leisure division has 10 offices in the US, Canada, and Bermuda, with over 750 expert advisors specializing in air, cruise, vacation, and VIP travel. The agency developed the Agent Digital Experience (ADX) to solve chronic efficiency problems for agents. The Corporate & Events division has four offices and 100 corporate travel and event planners specializing in corporations looking for a tailored and full-service travel management solution. The Tours division, Kensington Tours, has 150 destination experts and offers custom and private guided tours to over 90 countries worldwide.
The Sales and Event Manager within the Meetings, Incentive travel, Conference and Events (MICE) will be responsible for increasing this part of the business through volume and market share growth for Canada, the USA, and Bermuda. In this role you will provide leadership, assist with strategic direction, establish best practice processes, drive client retention, growth, profitability, deliver service, program optimization, and overall value to our clients. Partner and engage closely with all business partners to bring market strategy and customer solutions for MICE offering and value proposition.
Reporting to the Sr. Manager, Meetings and Events this highly motivated individual will be a key contributor to the continued success of the events team. In addition, to the sales components of this role you will also be responsible for the management and implementation of assigned operational and logistical arrangements within our “MICE” markets.
- Develop and implement sales strategies, methodologies and processes to drive new business growth.
- Track competitor activity in the market and initiate necessary actions where appropriate.
- Represent the company externally in an effective manner. Determine appropriate trade show and other sales development event participation that affect the North American/Bermuda market.
- Represent the company in suitable trade and professional organizations.
- Build strong internal relationship to ensure appropriate support and cross-functional cooperation.
- Develop a lead/referral channel utilizing industry relationships, strategic and regional sales contracts, customers, and Travel Edge functional groups.
- Maintain pipeline of business development opportunities and provide regular reporting on their progress.
- Act as a communication conduit between the local industry and client services to define service enhancement opportunities.
- Actively prospect/call target accounts to qualify timing of actual sales, opportunities. Initiate sales process at the appropriate time relative to contract expiration.
- Determine unique Travel Edge MICE value proposition for each prospect opportunity through careful analysis of prospect’s current business, challenges, goals, and operations.
- Develop and maintain strong business relationships with decision makers and key influencers in North America/Bermuda.
- Create and develop appropriate sales strategies to win new business in North America/Bermuda.
- Draft and deliver sales presentations and Request for Proposals (RFPs).
- Meet and exceed monthly and annual revenue target set by Travel Edge.
- Manage prospect relationship data in Salesforce system.
- Ensure smooth transition of new business to Travel Edge events team.
- Performs other duties and assists in all areas, as assigned.
- Retain and grow organically an existing client portfolio through high quality operational and program management services.
- Tracking financial progress while identifying cost-savings opportunities with MICE programs.
- Partner with clients in developing program proposals, design, and budgets.
- Manage site selection, RFP creation and management, site inspections, and analytical recaps.
- Oversee overall project execution, performance, and profitability.
- Negotiate contracts on behalf of clients with hotels, suppliers, etc;
- Educate him/herself in current meeting trends, technologies and implements/recommends best practices;
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field preferred.
- Minimum 7+years professional event management and incentive experience, coupled with experience.
- 5+ in B2B sales/business development, including experience selling to C-Suite level.
- CMP designation preferred.
- Strategic selling and closing skills.
- Proven ability to drive sales results and work in a KPI intensive environment.
- Consultative communication skills, including presentation, sales and negotiation in a business to business environment.
- Strong written communication skills, experience with writing RFPs preferred.
- Ability to function in a fast-paced, demanding environment
- Strong financial and business acumen (planning, budgeting, and forecasting skills)
- Self-starter, team player, and able to work independently.
- Meetings & Events experience, an asset.
- Extensive professional network.
- Ability to travel up to 30%.
- Extremely adept in software applications: MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, CVENT, project management software.
Please click "Apply Now" below to submit your application online.
We would like to thank all candidates, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.