Region Corporate Office
Location VC200 - Sinclair Office
Province British Columbia [BC]
Country Canada [CA]
Organization Summary The First Nations Health Authority (FNHA) and its employees are committed to a proactive holistic approach to health and wellness, and to the delivery of services which are sustainable and honour the customs and traditions of First Nations communities.
The First Nations Health Authority is committed to respecting diversity within our workforce; preference will be given to individuals with First Nations, Inuit, Metis or Aboriginal ancestry.
Title 1060 Coordinator, Event Planning (Term)
Job ID 1933
Employee Class Temporary
Job Duration approximately 2 years (until March 2020)
Reporting To Director, Wellness Program Support
Position Summary You are a team player that is detail oriented and thrives on building relationships and bringing clarity and solutions to challenging problems! You have impeccable organizational skills and most importantly you are passionate and dedicated to making a difference in the lives of First Nations communities!
The Event Planning Coordinator provides comprehensive, senior level administrative and technical support for the delivery of program training; by ensuring planning and efficient coordination of all logistics related to training events. This position is involved in the development and implementation of plans, systems, processes and procedures essential for effective and efficient coordination of events.
1. Coordinates and oversees day-to-day delivery of event planning services for the FNHA, including travel, meeting and training support needs
2. Provides facilitation, logistical, and technical support to the organization through online systems, including PeopleSoft and Registration Online tool
3. Coordinates and oversees the organization of meetings, functions and events across BC leading up to and onsite, including all components of the events and associated logistics for the organization, in collaboration with colleagues and other FNHA departments as appropriate
4. Supports the development and implementation of systems and procedures as they relate to travel policies and guidelines, training modules, travel booking, meeting and event coordination, and vendor and agency interactions
5. Coordinates, develops, and distributes a wide variety of material using a variety of Microsoft Office products, including memos, presentations, event budget projections, checklists, forms, process documentation, and meeting package material
6. Provides financial management support to the Manager, consistent with FNHA policies and procedures, including contracting, invoicing, event budget development, monitoring and tracking tools, and reporting processes
7. Coordinates, prepares, and reviews purchase requisitions, expense reports, and other financial claims
8. Coordinates ongoing information-sharing internally and externally, including sharing appropriate information with various audiences through the FNHA’s internal news
9. Performs other related duties as assigned
• A diploma in travel/business/office administration is required and 2 years’ of related experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• A minimum of 2 years of experience in the areas of travel, event and conference management is required.
• Relevant, recent and significant experience in a senior administrative capacity, with a focus on travel and event support and coordination (normally acquired over a period 1-2 years)
• Experience working with BC First Nations communities and/or organizations
• Intermediate experience utilizing a variety of office tools, including MS Office (Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel), SharePoint, and online registration systems
• Experience handling sensitive and confidential information and matters in a trusted and responsible manner
• Experience in a customer service environment
• Experience developing and maintain administrative systems, processes and procedures
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Knowledge of the FNHA, and its structure and inter-dependencies
• Knowledge of the work of the Corporate Services department
• Knowledge of information, records and data management approaches and options
Deadline April 29, 2018 at 4:00pm
Date Added 4/13/2018
End Date 3/27/2020
Organization First Nations Health Authority
Website FNHA Careers Page
Department 8000-Community Health &Wellnss Svcs
Hours per week 37.5
Union Code NonUnion
PN Number 1060
Reg/Temp Temp (Temporary)
Post To Both
Please ensure your Cover Letter and Resume are combined into one document
Please be informed that due to quantity of applicants, we are not in a position to provide application updates. Only applicants shortlisted will be contacted and all applicants must be eligible to work in Canada.