Goodmans LLP is recognized internationally as one of Canada’s premier transaction law firms because our lawyers and clients are industry leaders. Our lawyers excel in their fields to help clients excel in theirs – both ensuring ever-higher levels of service and business success. Further, we offer a unique combination of skills - spanning business law and litigation, public and private, tradition and innovation.
The Team Leader, Client Services is a pivotal member of the Facility Services team reporting to the Manager, Client & Office Services. This role is responsible for leading a team to ensure an exceptional client experience.
Specific responsibilities include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Lead and direct the Reception, Hospitality Services & Events Team (“the Client Services Department”) and ensures duties are carried out as per our policies and guidelines.
- Build and retain a high performing team that is capable of delivering the results to meet performance goals.
- Communicate appropriate parameters and standards for team members; helping them to understand the client experience and the firm’s needs.
- Responsible for the hiring and on-boarding of all new team members; and is the main client services point of contact for all new firm hires.
- Conduct performance evaluations, identifies team and individual training needs.
- Implement succession planning, team building and skill development.
- Conduct weekly and monthly team meetings.
- Provide direction to team members and addresses any staff concerns.
Operations and Financial Control:
- Identify opportunities for improvements and creative and innovative solutions in the Client Services Department.
- Develop team standards and lead key projects.
- Ensure delivery of consistent service excellence.
- Oversee all reception, hospitality services, internal and external events.
- Negotiate with vendors and suppliers to ensure the most cost-effective method.
- Audit all functions to ensure tasks and service levels are being met.
- Manage day-to-day operations of client floor.
- Maintain all Health & Safety practices to code.
- Review department budgets on a monthly basis to ensure that budget targets are being met.
- Oversee and approve department invoicing.
The ideal candidate possesses the following:
- Post-secondary education in Hospitality, Food and Beverage Management, Event Management or related degree.
- Minimum 2-3 years previous supervisory experience in a similar professional services environment is required.
- Excellent understanding of customer service including managing internal and external relationships.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Team player, self-starter with a positive attitude.
- Knowledge of hospitality services and its function within a professional services environment.
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office Suite specifically: Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint, and meeting room booking software.
We thank all applicants for their interest in Goodmans LLP, however, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Goodmans LLP invites applications from all qualified candidates; however, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Goodmans LLP is committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace and welcomes applications from women, visible minorities, Aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities and persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity.