(Approximately 3 years)
Position: Arts & Culture Coordinator
Job Posting: 031-045-2018
Department: CD & ES
Division: Community Development – FutureSSM
Status: Temporary Full Time
Shifts: 35 hours/week
Posted: June 13, 2018
Closes: June 30, 2018, 4:30pm
Following the release of the Community Adjustment Committee’s (CAC) report entitled “A Common Cause and New Direction for Sault Ste. Marie,” a unique opportunity exists for a dynamic, action-oriented and highly organized individual to positively impact our community. The successful candidate will coordinate, create, implement and monitor initiatives designed to improve the Arts & Culture sector of our community.
Primary Duties and Accountabilities include but are not limited to:
- Develop a coordinated strategy across the various Arts & Culture sectors to promote and expand current and future initiatives in Sault Ste. Marie through the development of an Arts & Culture Plan.
- Create sustainable success for artists and the arts and culture sector by improving awareness/marketing of events, developing new infrastructure for the arts and by. Review, maintain and update current inventory of organizations and artists.
- Development of workshop/facilitated session with arts community members.
- Create and prioritized list of projects/initiatives that will advance the arts and culture sector.
- Develop recommendations on a sustainable funding model for the promotion of Arts & Cultural events utilizing public and private support.
- Assist in the promotion and celebration of the Arts & Culture sector.
- Liaise the City staff and Community Partners.
- Comply with Health and Safety and City policies.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- University Degree in a related field of study; e.g. Visual Arts, Dramatic Arts, Music, Dance, Popular Culture, Film Studies and Canadian Studies, or College Diploma in a related field of study, with relevant demonstrated experience, will be considered.
- Understanding of the four pillars of the CAC report: A Common Cause and New Direction for Sault Ste. Marie. (http://www.futuressm.com/)
- Two years experience in an arts and culture role.
- Work independently and as a team member to complete projects.
- Development, implementation and monitoring of work plan and/or project.
- Leadership in a variety of roles/settings; including strategic and community planning.
- Ability to read, write and communicate to perform the duties of the position (multi-lingual an asset).
- Excellent inter-personal, communications, collaboration and relationship management skills.
- Presentation and/or public information sessions.
- Computer literacy in a Microsoft environment; including Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, etc.
- Experience working with diverse teams and working on dynamic projects, achieving results.
- Self-starter and strong motivation.
- Global mindset.
To apply for this exciting opportunity, please provide a cover letter and resume highlighting your qualifications to:
Subject line 031-045-2018 Arts & Culture Coordinator
The Corporation of the City of Sault Ste. Marie is an inclusive employer. Accommodation is available in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005.