Catering Executive Meeting Manager
Primary Location: United States-Washington-The Fairmont Washington, D.C.
Executive Meeting Manager
If creating memories and being part of an exceptional guest experience appeals to you, perhaps you would be interested in joining the outstanding team of hospitality professionals at the Fairmont Washington, D.C., Georgetown. The position is responsible for small group and catering inquiries. The Executive Sales Manager is responsible for meeting/exceeding their room night goal targets, as well as, room rental targets and food & beverage requirements as outlined by the Director of Group Sales and Director of Catering.
Located in Washington's fashionable West End, The Fairmont Washington, D.C. surrounds you with comfort and luxury. The perfect hotel for either business or leisure travel, The Fairmont Washington, D.C. offers spacious guestrooms and the brilliant colors of nature found in the hotel's central garden courtyard, reflecting these tones throughout the property.
Summary of Responsibilities:
As a member of the Catering and Conference Services team of Fairmont Washington, D.C., Georgetown, the Executive Meeting Manager must have a strong background in Conference Services and Catering Management in the corporate market. The manager is expected to exceed his or her individual revenue booking goal while also servicing small group and catering events. We are looking for an individual who is sales-minded, creative, and innovative with an outgoing, friendly, and persuasive personality to join our team.
Reporting to the Director of Catering with dotted responsibilities to the Director of Conference Services, the Executive Meeting Manager is primarily responsible for the following: solicit and contract group business based on assigned market segments.
- Achieve booking goals through soliciting assigned market segments; handling and booking leads on assigned Inquiry Days through creative networking, outside solicitation calls and activities, and ongoing intelligence gathering from assigned market segments
- Contracting, planning and coordination of corporate meeting and banquet arrangements for corporate events of 50 ppl or less with or without room blocks of 10ppl (social events can be included later on pending progress)
- Supervise the planning and coordination of meeting, banquet and guest room related activities (35 rooms on peak and less), as assigned, to ensure that obligations by the hotel and the client are met with satisfaction
- Ensure obligations are met by the hotel and exceed the client’s expectations with satisfaction reflected in Catering and Conference Services JDP monthly scores
- Ensure satisfactory liaison between clients/guests and hotel departments
- Supervise service and overall coordination of all arrangements on BEOs and resumes in a timely manner
- Work closely with client and event planners when required to insure future business potential
- Timely distribution of precise catering requirements to all departments
- Provide immediate follow up after events and relate client compliments and concerns to all related departments, with follow up and resolution completed when needed within 24 hours
- “Up-sell” all department services to include food and beverage, amenities and décor to increase food, beverage and miscellaneous revenue
- Charge meeting room rental for corporate and social bookings based on department guidelines and event room capabilities (windows, existing board table etc.)
- Work closely with other Catering Managers, Conference Services Managers and Sales Managers to increase overall product knowledge
- Ongoing development of menu and décor trends through magazine, websites, and individual study
- Coordinate guest room blocks and special guest room requirements for all Conference Services and Catering and communicate all information to related departments in an efficient and results-oriented manner in group resume format
- Work closely with audiovisual company to ensure client AV needs are met
- Follow all deposit policies and coordinate payment of all event bills based on department procedures, working closely with Credit Manager to ensure proper billing
- Post attrition and meeting room rental charges
- Network within the social and corporate community to establish relationships with clients, event planners, competitive-set catering managers and industry colleagues
- Present him or herself as an individual that possesses strong social and etiquette skills, grooming, and presentations skills that are representative of a luxury hotel in this competitive marketplace
- Provide creativity and support for the team and colleagues when needed
- Participate in Lobby Duty program
- Additional responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Banquet menu selections
- Meeting and audio visual set-up specifications
- Electrical requests
- Arrival/departure patterns
- Outside vendor requirements
- Props and decorations for functions
- Additional equipment and/or services, if requested
- Outlet expectations
- Coordination and timely updating of all booking details in S&C sales management system
- Other projects and duties as assigned
- Minimum 3 years catering or event experience required
- Strong culinary and beverage knowledge and interest
- Operational Food & Beverage experience in a Hotel environment mandatory
- Proven ability to plan and organize events effectively, with an acute sense of detail & creativity and repeat potential
- Assertive, professional and positive with a proven ability to develop and lead in a team environment
- Understanding of computers and applications
- Must be able to work multi-task, work independently and maintain a positive attitude within a very busy environment ~ hours will fluctuate and evening and weekend work will be required.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Degree in Hotel Administration from a recognized University/College
Visa Requirements: Must be able to provide or obtain valid work authorization for the United States.
APPLY TODAY: Whether you're launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit www.fairmontcareers.com to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resort we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That's why you'll find exceptional work opportunities - throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific - as well as industry - leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London's The Savoy, New York's The Plaza, and Shanghai's Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award - winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!
Job Level: Management / Supervisory
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Closing Date: 24.Jul.2018, 11:59:00 PM