Administration & Events Coordinator, Gymnastics BC
Based in Vancouver, Gymnastics BC is a not-for-profit provincial sport organization responsible for the governance, development and promotion of gymnastics in BC. Our dynamic team serves 79 member clubs representing a membership of over 52,000 participants throughout the province. As a member based organization, we strive to deliver excellent member and customer service experiences in all of our interactions.
If you are passionate about amateur sport and have a keen interest in customer service and office and event coordination, we invite you to apply to this exciting full-time staff position.
We are looking for a self-motivated, creative and driven team member who:
- Seamlessly collaborates with a diverse group of professionals;
- Easily communicates with co-workers, members and partners;
- Effortlessly multi-tasks;
- Passionately engages with customers with a positive attitude;
- Diligently ensures that the tools required for successful office operations are maintained;
- Skillfully coordinates meetings and events;
- Enthusiastically embraces new challenges and opportunities.
As the association’s go-to administrator, you will be responsible for working collaboratively with our team to ensure our office and events run smoothly. Are you up for the challenge?
Administration & Events Coordinator Overview
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer and working closely with all Gymnastics BC staff, the Administration & Events Coordinator is responsible for all office administration and event coordination tasks.
Primary Areas of Responsibility
- Member and customer inquiries
- General administrative tasks
- Administrative support
- Data entry
- Gymnastics BC awards and recognition
- Gymnastics BC event & meeting coordination
- Assist office staff as required
- Answer and direct phone calls
- Write and distribute email correspondence, memos, letters, faxes and forms
- Open and distribute mail
- Coordinate mail and parcel delivery
- Order office supplies and research new suppliers
- Maintain product inventory
- Develop and maintain filing systems
- Maintain a calendar of association related deadlines
- Provide support related to basic financial processes
- Assist in the preparation of reports
- Plan meetings and take detailed minutes
- Book and coordinate all association travel needs
- Coordinate Gymnastics BC Annual General Meeting, Awards and Recognition program, event hosting (BC Championships, etc) including registration in partnership with host clubs
- Other related duties as required
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills
- Must have a keen attention to detail
- Must be very organized with exceptional time-management skills
- Must be self-motivated and able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Must be competent with MS Office applications
- Knowledge and experience in BC’s amateur sport system is an asset
- Must be legally eligible to work in Canada
- A valid British Columbia Class 5 driver’s license is preferred
- A current Criminal Record Check will be required
- Occasional travel and non-regular working hours will be necessary
~ Download the Job Posting ~
To apply for this position:
Please email your resume and cover letter* in either MS Word or PDF format to:
Brian Forrester, Chief Executive Officer at email@example.com – no phone calls please.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however please note that only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
*Please ensure that your cover letter and resume clearly outline how your skills and experience meet or exceed the job requirements.
As soon as possible - the position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.