Senior Advisor, Events--12-Month Contract - C04PIR
Who We Are
The Corporate Affairs team is responsible for promoting employee loyalty, building relationships with business partners and contributing to a positive corporate image for Canadian Tire Corporation. The team manages and executes all external communication activities including media relations, planning, and corporate events across the entire Corporation’s family of businesses.
What You'll Do
As the Senior Advisor you will support the events Managers, team members, vendors and clients in the planning and execution of corporate events across CTC and its family of brands. As the Senior Advisor you will hold the role of day-to-day contact in large-scale events including concept development, planning with internal and external stakeholders, budget and vendor management and lead on-site contact. You will also act a senior leader within the team assisting in annual planning, process development and adoption, team culture and training
Major responsibilities will include:
- Project manage and lead event(s) from scoping to execution including developing ideas from concept through execution
- Holds cross-functional and internal team to program plan including timelines, objectives and budget.
- Supports the development of key event materials including SOWs, budgets, plans, etc.
- Provide a high level of relationship management; resolving conflicts and enabling discussions amongst stakeholders, management and integrated team members
- Work with external agencies to initiate and obtain consumer research in order to drive ongoing development and thought leadership and their relationship in achieving an optimal event plan.
- Liaise with and provide support/direction to Canadian Tire Corporation’s external agencies and internal business units to manage key activations, utilize assets and develop strategic plans that support the business objectives
- Ability to travel upwards of 20% and must be willing to work evenings and weekends
- Supports in the coaching and mentoring of junior members of the Events Team
What You've Done
- Minimum of 5-10 years of proven experience in events
- Post-secondary education or professional designation in a related discipline such as special event planning, marketing, sponsorship or communications
- Deep knowledge of industry trends in event marketing
- Proven experience in project management of large scale events/programs with multiple streams
- Ability to balance multiple priorities and deliver programs and tactics on time to budget in an ambiguous, fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment
- Self-starter and the ability to influence without authority
- Able to solve problems and manage relationships diplomatically
- Superior communication skills, including the written ability to influence
- Ability to effectively interact with individuals at all levels of the organization
- Ability to work within a matrix organization
As a condition of employment, this position is subject to the successful completion of the following Pre-employment conditions:
- Reference Checks
- Criminal Background Checks
Canadian Tire is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace for all. We recognize that our future success depends on the perspectives and contributions of all our employees -- their diverse backgrounds, abilities and experiences make our business stronger. If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please advise us of any accommodations needed to ensure fair and equitable access throughout the recruitment and selection process. All accommodation information provided will be treated as confidential and used only for the purpose of providing an accessible candidate experience. Corporate Affairs
Job Posting : Jul 10, 2018