Reporting to Director, Communications, Training & Events, the Communications & Events Administrator will assist in implementing internal & external communications and event planning strategies. This includes but is not exclusive to: providing operational support in the development and execution of communications and event projects; coordinate appointments and scheduling of events, order catering, registration reporting, processing finances, corporate reception relief, maintaining web content and assisting with onsite event production.
• Provide support and assistance in planning, developing, producing, and delivering communications materials
• Participate in budget development and support budget management
• Use independent judgment to execute communication and event plans
• Prepare written materials including some business communications, reports, and presentation scripts
• Maintain multiple corporate event calendars, including a department project calendar
• Assist in the development and execution of leader communications, including town halls, lunch and learns, announcements, and more
• Serve as liaison with vendors on event-related matters
• Assist with managing on-site production and clean up for events as necessary
• Prepare nametags, materials, packages, gift bags, registration lists, seating cards, etc.
• Keep track of event finances including check requests, invoicing, and reporting
• Close out all events as required
• Propose new ideas to improve the event planning and implementation process
• Arrange and confirm all department advisor conference calls webcasts
• Post-secondary education with specialization in events/communications/public relations strongly preferred
• 2-3 years post-university work experience in communications/events, internal communications, or related field
• Interest in and passion for effective business communications
• Strong writing ability, and an unmatched attention to detail
• Excellent interpersonal skills; a team player who can act as both a leader and an individual contributor as required
• Highly service-oriented with exceptional organizational and follow up skills
• Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
• Proficient computer skills in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
iA Financial Group is committed to fostering a workplace that promotes diversity and inclusion. We can provide accommodation in our recruitment and selection processes to applicants with disabilities where required. Please contact me and I will work with you to meet your needs.