|Location||VC100 - Park Royal|
|Province||British Columbia [BC]|
|Organization Summary||The First Nations Health Authority (FNHA) and its employees are committed to a proactive holistic approach to health and wellness, and to the delivery of services which are sustainable and honour the customs and traditions of First Nations communities.
The First Nations Health Authority is committed to respecting diversity within our workforce; preference will be given to individuals with First Nations, Inuit, Metis or Aboriginal ancestry.
|Reporting To||Manager, Travel & Events|
Supports the Travel and Events Unit, a centralized service supporting FNHA departments with the organization and implementation of large and complex events across BC.
Provides comprehensive, senior level administrative and technical support for the Travel and Events Unit’s daily operations by ensuring efficient delivery of event coordination, including the development and implementation of plans, systems, processes and procedures essential for effective business operations.
• Coordinates day-to-day delivery of events for FNHA departments, such as conferences, regional and provincial sessions, formal gatherings, training and workshops; involving external guests, ceremonial and cultural components.
• Oversees all logistical aspects of the event planning process, including collaboration with FNHA colleagues and subcontractors, venue selection, attendance management, menu, audiovisual and setup development, and travel when needed
• Provides logistical, and technical support to event coordination using online systems, including PeopleSoft and online registration
• Conducts quote processes to source venues, including negotiating agreements to ensure competitive rates and incentives
• Supports the development and implementation of systems and procedures as they relate to policies and guidelines, training modules, travel arrangements, event coordination, and vendor and agency interactions
• Coordinates, develops, and distributes a wide variety of material using a variety of Microsoft Office products, including presentations, event budget estimates, checklists, forms, process documentation, and meeting package material
• Provides financial management support to the Manager, consistent with FNHA policies and procedures, including contracting, invoicing, event budget development, monitoring and tracking tools, and reporting processes
• Coordinates, prepares, and reviews purchase requisitions, expense reports, and other financial claims
• Coordinates ongoing information-sharing internally and externally, including sharing appropriate information with various audiences through the FNHA’s internal news
• A diploma in event management or business administration, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Two years relevant and recent experience in a senior administrative capacity, with a focus on event coordination
• Experience working with BC First Nations communities and/or organizations
• Entry-level experience with project management methodologies is an asset
• Experience in a customer service environment
• Experience developing and maintaining administrative systems, processes and procedures
• Proficient use of Microsoft Office Suite
• Experience with Adobe Acrobat Pro is an asset
• Experience working with PeopleSoft, SharePoint and online registration/attendee management systems is an asset
|Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities||• Knowledge of the FNHA, and its structure and inter-dependencies|
|Deadline||September 26, 2018 at 4:00pm|
|Organization||First Nations Health Authority|
|Website||FNHA Careers Page|
|Hours per week||37.5|