Special Events Assistant
Working alongside the Special Events Manager, coordinate special events, to include membership, auxiliary, and rental events.
- Coordinate set-up and breakdown of selected Museum special events, and all Museum special event rentals.
- Submit and update all vendor procurement requests and materials to include delivery and pick-up schedules.
- Work with Special Events Manager to prepare rental agreements, catering agreements, and special event plans, as well as meet with caterers, florists, and other vendors for selected Museum events.
- Prepare purchase orders and submit invoices to accounting department.
- Prepare event summary reports and finalize information after event. Prepare event memos and layouts and meet with selected department heads on a regular basis to discuss specific event logistics.
- Maintain in-house Museum special event calendars.
- Maintain all files and required documentation for the special events department.
- Provide clerical, administrative, and other duties as required by the department.
- Prior special event experience preferred.
- Excellent time management, written, and oral communications skills.
- Extremely detail-oriented.
- Experience working with the public, major donors, and professionals preferred.
- Evening and weekend hours required.
- Comfortable working with and analyzing large sets of data.
- MS Office proficiency required.
- Some cash management experience useful.
Valid driver's license required. Applicants must be able to pass a pre-employment criminal background and drug screening.
||This company does not discriminate in the recruitment, hiring, and conditions of employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), marital status, disability, age, veteran status, genetic information, and any other status as protected by applicable law. No question on this application is intended to secure information to be used in a discriminatory manner. Your completed application will be reviewed carefully; but its receipt does not imply that you will be employed. Employment consideration necessitates that you meet all minimum qualifications required for the position for which you are applying.