Manager of Events & Partnerships
New York, New York
Burrow makes furniture fit for modern life. In April 2017, Burrow launched their first product: a fully customizable sofa that’s easy-to-move and built-to-last. Their sofas are hand crafted in North Carolina with non-toxic, stain- and-scratch resistant fabrics and a hardwood frame made from ethically-forested trees. And because their modular, adaptable design, all Burrow sofas ship for free in just a week. How revolutionary is this? Fast Company just named Burrow one of the most innovative retail companies in the world. Burrow started with the couch and will quickly expand into the entire home, maximizing convenience, quality, and comfort with every piece of uncompromising furniture they design.
Burrow is looking for a Manager of Events & Partnerships. The Manager of Events & Partnerships will be supporting the event planning and promotional activities for all company related events. This position will work closely with the Director of Experiential Events Marketing and the Director of Retail.
Day to Day Responsibilities
- Assist in planning and execution of 20-45 events per year including popups, in-store and out of store events, charitable sponsorships, influencer dinners and street marketing under the leadership of the Experiential and Brand Marketing Team.
- Work with the Director of Experiential to understand the strategic direction of the business and translate that into actionable programs.
- Work closely with the Director of Experiential to brainstorm event concepts and create opportunities to raise Burrow’s visibility and awareness in the marketplace.
- Manage events calendar and share with internal stakeholders within Burrow’s NY Headquarters.
- Oversee event logistics including execution of/ sourcing of invitations, catering, sound and décor.
- Work closely with outside vendors and across departments to execute events.
- Help construct and manage estimates, invoices and budgets for all events.
- Implement and maintain database of all vendor information.
- Work with Events/Brand Team to create the most appropriate guest list for the event as well as oversee the collection of event attendee’s data.
- Continuously research new vendors, agencies, production, and suppliers for events and event components.
- Assist directors in trend research and analysis, to be presented in decks.
- Compile post-event recaps highlighting key take-aways, qualitative/ quantitative research, key learnings, and ROI for Senior Management.
- This job description is not inclusive of all responsibilities/ duties and can be changed by Management discretion at any time.
You in a Nutshell
- Display the values of the company: Integrity, Collaboration, Empathy, Positivity, Ambition & Curiosity
- Solid communication skills -written and verbal
- Must have 3+ years of events experience, ideally within a luxury events related position.
- Polished, professional demeanor, projects confidence and enthusiasm for the business
- Able to prioritize daily responsibilities, work in a fast-paced environment and problem solve.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Keynote.
- Flexible schedule due to heavy volume of events.
- Ability to coordinate and execute multiple projects on tight deadlines.
- Ability to adapt quickly to changing priorities.
- Demonstrates understanding of branding and brand value
- Demonstrates knowledge of financials, billing reports, invoicing, and financial maintenance on projects/clients and are able to generate estimates.
- Extremely Organized and Thorough
- Demonstrated history of establishing effective working relationships across a diverse team
- BA/BS or equivalent
We all live busy lives. We maintain motion from one thing to the next. Long trips and late nights at the office. This party, that party, carpools, conferences, bucket lists, big plans, and all the things that test our patience in between. These experiences, both frantic and fantastic, define who we are. They push our lives forward. But with all this movement there is a special feeling we get when we stick our key in our front door, turn the knob, and step inside, entering into the place where we feel most comfortable. At Burrow, we strive every day towards giving everyone the chance to feel finally home.
When our founders started Burrow, they were as intentional about the company culture they wanted to create as they were about the products they wanted to build. We have taken great strides to define our values as a team and aspire to live by them every day. When you sit down with anyone at Burrow, you instantly feel something unique.
BUILDING A COMMUNITY
At Burrow, we’re passionate about creating a workplace where everyone is committed to growth - for us as individuals, the communities we are a part of and the future of the company.