Show Coordinator, CanGift Fairs
A current search is underway for a professional, highly organized, Show Coordinator for the CanGift Fairs.
The successful candidate will:
- Possess outstanding customer service skills.
- Demonstrate excellent organization acumen, with the ability to juggle multiple priorities.
- Create and keep up to date the administrative calendar with important deadlines.
- Prepare and organize the digital delivery of all booth contracts, invoicing and credit notes per show, per cycle according to established calendar timelines.
- Insert confirmed exhibitor booth space in EXPOCAD and record any booth adjustments, cancellations in the database submitting any payment cheques to the finance department.
- Keep an accurate record of significant exhibitor information and activities in CanGift’s contact management module.
- Be responsible for all calls for outstanding contracts and collection of booth funds based on scheduled deadlines with all accounts cleared before the move in dates of each show, each cycle.
- Address all exhibitor concerns and questions professionally and proficiently ensuring a positive exhibitor experience.
- Work with show décor suppliers to receive accurate floor plan zip files for EXPOCAD keeping the supplier up to date with show floor/booth changes.
- Input exhibitor and show supplier information for show badges that includes weekly uploads and sending files to third party supplier.
- Assemble, update and execute any necessary online exhibitor toolkit information/forms.
- Input Guide information and prepare necessary database lists.
- Prepare and coordinate the output of scheduled exhibitor fax broadcasts.
- Prepare exhibitor & retail ‘Welcome’ packages, coordinating with a third-party service company to assemble and deliver on show site.
- Get quotes, create purchase orders and order all necessary on-site show services (phone, internet etc.).
- Assist with contacting and securing required Best Booth Award judges including overseeing procedures on show site (details below).
- Prepare a ‘detail binder’ and any other reference material to take on show site.
- Provide any other administrative duties, show data and reporting as deemed necessary.
On Show Site Responsibilities
- Will pack all necessary equipment/material at CanGift office to transport to show site.
- Will manage the show office(s), its supplies, and necessary administrative activities related to the move-in, move-out as well as activities during show days.
- Will prepare Best Booth judging documents/lists, collect judging results, provide final winner list, location maps for delivery of awards.
- Will develop and produce required copies of Guide addendum.
- Will manage (in the spring cycle only) the participation of Sheridan College students helping show exhibitors to display their products during set up.
- Will pack show office(s) up and arrange delivery back to the CanGift office.
- Post show, will evaluate all supplies and marketing material stock (leftover Guides) and provide list to the marketing department.
The successful candidate will:
- Be a collaborative team player with a high degree of initiative, accountability and judgment.
- Demonstrate previous stellar level of customer service and handling difficult situations.
- Has the stamina to work under pressure meeting deadlines with effective time management skills.
- Be flexible, detail-oriented, organized and capable of managing multiple tasks and resources efficiently.
- Be able to work hours that are not traditional which includes working evenings and week-ends during each show cycle.
- Have had experience working with databases, pulling lists, inputting data, and working with contact management programs would be an asset.
- Have excellent interpersonal and communication skills along with strong English written and verbal acumen.
- French (written and verbal) acumen would be an asset.
- Have access to a reliable vehicle and valid driver’s license.
The successful candidate will report directly to the Vice President, CanGift Fairs.
Interested candidates should apply, with cover letter to Karen Bassels, VP CanGift Fairs, email@example.com no later than October 29, 2018.