The Tastemaker tour is growing in 2019, and we’re looking for an awesome Digital Content Manager to join the team as we set-up shop in Toronto, Chicago, Washington D.C and Nashville next year.
Reporting to the Consumer Marketing Manager and supported by the Marketing Coordinator, the Digital Content Manager will be in charge of shaping the unique voice and identity of Tastemaker’s digital channels, and developing them into something much bigger than just your run-of-the-mill food event.
Responsible for creating and delivering a truly creative digital content strategy, the day-to-day role involves management of the social media content calendar; overseeing copywriting, planning, posting and community development. They’ll also oversee the development and on-going content updates to the Tastemaker website, as well as delivery of email marketing communications. They will coordinate the production of assets for digital channels and have responsibility reporting on the performance of all digital activity.
The ideal person will be a boundary-pushing content king or queen, who brings fresh ideas to the table and isn’t afraid to have some fun with the awesome assets at hand through Tastemaker. They’ll have proven experience growing digital communities and bringing to life cool and creative content campaigns. They’ll have a strong editorial mindset, with the ability to concept stories and content based on consumer insights, trends and real time events. The role involves working with some of US and Canada’s best chef talent, therefore a love of food & drink is a must; and although mostly based in Toronto, the role will also involve travel to all the cities Tastemaker is popping up in next year.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Responsible for developing and delivering a truly creative digital content strategy - through the funnel from building awareness/engagement to driving conversions - for Tastemaker events in across Toronto, Chicago, Washington D.C, Nashville and beyond.
- Use first-class copywriting and content creation skills to establish a unique and consistent tone of voice, design-led brand identity, and editorial narrative across all digital channels.
- Create and deliver content calendars for social, email and website updates across numerous local campaigns, as well as overseeing day-to-day management of Tastemaker digital communities on a national level.
- Work closely with Tastemaker’s show partners - including some of the US and Canada’s best chefs, restaurants and brands - to create fun, intelligent and on-trend content.
- Project manage internal and external content production teams and graphic designers to produce creative and innovative content - video, image, GIF, animation.
- Alongside in-house digital specialists, manage assigned digital budgets (content production, paid social, Google Adwords, Programmatic) working to find efficiencies, savings and greater ROI where possible.
- Use data to shape strategy and decision-making, using social listening tools to track content performance, platform growth and brand health.
- Identify culinary and digital media opportunities/trends to help Tastemaker stay ahead of the game, as well as keeping abreast of competitor activity.
- Manage onsite social activity and content production at all Tastemaker events.
Skills, Knowledge and Expertise
- 3+ years of proven experience managing and growing digital communities on a local, and preferably national level, alongside a deep understanding of how consumers digest and engage with food and drink content.
- A strong editorial mindset, with the ability to concept stories and content based on consumer insights, trends and real time events.
- Excellent copywriting skills, and a strong ability to communicate with creativity, intelligence and a sense of humour to a younger audience.
- A strong knowledge of the North American culinary landscape, as well as global food trends.
- Advanced content management and website skills - Google Analytics, SEO, Adobe Design Suite and social Listening tools such as Spredfast all highly advantageous.
- Excellent project management and organisational skills
- Prior experience working on events and festivals is a bonus
Aptitudes and Personal Profile
- Food-lover – A genuine love of food, drink and the culinary world. An Instagram food fiend.
- Storytelling – An editorial/publisher mindset, with a talent for bringing stories to life in illuminating ways.
- Creativity – Relish coming up with new ideas, sharing them, and then bringing them to life.
- Direct communicator – Can speak confidently and persuasively in person, email and on the phone to our team and our partners.
- Multi-tasking – Enjoy the challenge of balancing numerous tasks at the same time, and able to pivot from one to the other.
- Flexibility – Understands the nature of events, and can work varied hours as needed.
- Calm under pressure – When things aren’t going your way, you won’t break a sweat. A solution minded thinker.
Unusual Challenges or Circumstances
- Extended hours and weekend work during delivery of events
- Travel to cities where events are occurring
Please send us your CV and a cover letter that includes an explanation of why your experience is specifically relevant to this role at Tastemaker. Show us your personal style – what makes you tick and why you think your next opportunity is here with us.
Please send to - Tastemaker@img.com