About NYFA: The New York Foundation for the Arts empowers artists at critical stages in their creative lives. NYFA accomplishes this mission by offering financial and informational assistance to artists and organizations that directly serve artists, by supporting arts programming in the larger community, and by building collaborative relationships with others who advocate for the arts in New York State and throughout the country.
The New York Foundation for the Arts (NYFA) seeks an intern to work on our annual Hall of Fame Benefit. The event will be held on Thursday, April 11, 2019 at Capitale, 130 Bowery, New York. The focus of the internship will be on assisting with Live/Silent Auction elements.
Status: 2-3 days per week (hours negotiable)
Start Date: January – April, 2019
• Research and solicit potential Auction Item Donors
• Track and follow-up on Auction Item requests
• Arrange delivery or pick up of procured Auction items
• Design and create Auction Item certificates as needed
• Assist with staging of silent and live auction items
• Assist in other event preparations as needed
• Day-of event staffing
• General administrative support to development office and other duties as needed
• Knowledgeable of arts and culture/non-profit organizations, particularly development/fundraising
• Self-motivated, exceptional organizational and interpersonal skills, very detail-oriented, ability to multi- task, prioritize and meet deadlines
• Excellent research skills
• Proficient in Microsoft Office
• Outgoing, sales/development experience preferred
Application Instructions / Public Contact Information
Please email cover letter and resume to email@example.com
with “Special Events Intern (Auction)” in the subject line. No phone calls please. Only applicants invited to interview will be contacted. The New York Foundation for the Arts (NYFA) is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to supporting a more equitable arts sector. Our values of equity, diversity, and inclusion are critical to our mission to serve all artists. Individuals of diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply. NYFA's offices are accessible.