|Special Events / Marketing Assistant (student)|
|Job Description & Requirements|
|Join a dynamic team at Fort Henry National Historic Site of Canada, part of a UNESCO World Heritage Site, that embraces customer service to provide visitors with a treasured experience.
POSITION: SPECIAL EVENTS / MARKETING ASSISTANT (student)
HOURS OF WORK: variable to a maximum of 36.25 hours per week (must be able to work weekends, evenings and holidays as required)
DIVISION / LOCATION:
Fort Henry National Historic Site of Canada
SALARY: $14.85 per hour
PERIOD OF EMPLOYMENT: May 6 to September 1, 2019
WHAT CAN I EXPECT TO DO IN THIS ROLE?
• Be a representative of one of Kingston’s premium and internationally recognized tourism sites.
• Provide a work/implementation plan in consultation with the Special Events and Marketing Officers.
• Take initiative in providing administrative and operational support for events and promotions.
• Prepare agendas, attend meetings and report minutes from Special Events/Marketing unit meetings.
• Source and arrange a variety of support services.
• Establish location requirements and physical event set up; follow-up reports on events with recommendations for improvements/enhancements.
• Prepare and execute task lists, liaise with internal and external clients in the pre, during and post event processes.
• Develop procedures and maintain statistical data required from events and marketing.
• Maintain a high level of internal/external customer service/visitor appreciation.
• Prepare and plan the distribution of event/marketing collateral locally and regionally as required.
• Liaise with other internal units and communicate initiatives.
• Produce and distribute internal event details and newsletters as required.
• Maintain free ink/media file and tracking records for coupons and other promotions.
• Initiate and monitor corporate web and online media activity according to department guidelines.
• Coordinate seating for special events as required.
• Coordinate all volunteer activities as they relate to special events, including briefing, recruiting and assisting in supervision.
• Work safely at all times and report unsafe activities immediately to your supervisor.
THIS POSITION REPORTS TO THE SPECIAL EVENTS AND MARKETING UNITS AT FORT HENRY. THE JOB RESPONSIBILITIES ARE SPLIT 70% EVENTS, 20% MARKETING AND 10% OTHER DUTIES AS REQUIRED.
HOW DO I QUALIFY?
• Knowledge in organizing, planning, designing and staging of public events and event advertising and promotions.
• Knowledge of appropriate public relations and communication techniques and practices.
• Ability to communicate effectively with staff, sponsors, volunteers and service contacts.
• Working knowledge of computer software such as Microsoft Office Suite and various presentation, graphics and web software applications.
• Working knowledge of cameras and other audio-visual equipment.
• The ability to meet the physical demands of the job including lifting, carrying, holding, bending, stooping, as well as loading and unloading materials and equipment.
• The ability to learn all safety protocols and procedures to ensure personal, visitor and fellow staff safety is maintained at all times.
• A valid driver’s licence.
In your resume and/or cover letter, please indicate specifically how your experience, skills and knowledge relate to the duties and qualifications stated above.
DUE TO SCREENING DEADLINES, PRIORITY CONSIDERATION WILL BE GIVEN TO APPLICATIONS RECEIVED BY FEBRUARY 28, 2019. WE WILL CONTINUE TO ACCEPT APPLICATIONS BEYOND THIS DATE.
The St. Lawrence Parks Commission is an equal opportunity employer.