At the Children’s Museum of Denver at Marsico Campus, we believe in kid-powered learning. We work hard every day to create extraordinary experiences that champion the wonder and joy of childhood. To accomplish this mission, we bring together a dynamic team of talented individuals whose passions range from exhibit design to the culinary arts, from developing engaging educational programs to offering only the best in customer service. If you like to work hard and play hard, we want to hear from you! We offer a comprehensive benefits package, competitive wages and a supportive, rewarding and FUN work environment.
Responsibilities and Essential Functions:
- Manage the planning and execution of all Children’s Museum fundraising and family events. Including, but not limited to, the Birthday Bash (annual fundraising gala), Ales, Apps & Barrels of Fun (craft beer fundraiser), Hop, Skip & a Jump Start (family-friendly 5K run), Trick or Treat Street, Noon Year's Eve, etc.
- Manage event budgets, timelines and logistics.
- Secure all appropriate permits and licensing.
- Secure in-kind donations and negotiate vendor fees to decrease expenses.
- Work closely with internal teams to ensure event success: Facilities, Volunteer Services, Guest Services, Exhibits and Education.
- Collaborate with the Marketing team on event collateral, communication and promotion.
- Work closely with donor relations team to ensure prompt donor acknowledgement, accurate donor recognition and prospect tracking.
- Work with the Manager of Corporate Sponsorships to help attract and maintain event sponsors and ensure sponsorship fulfillment.
- Recruit Birthday Bash volunteer co-chairs and more than 60 volunteer committee members, to ensure event/fundraising goals are met.
- Evaluate events, implementing improvements/adjustments as needed.
- Work with the Senior Manager of Donor Relations, Vice President of Development and Communications and other team members to consider/evaluate new event opportunities.