Boys and Girls Club of Kingston & Area is currently seeking the following position:
The Special Events Coordinator position will be responsible for supporting the Fund Development team with organizing special events including the design, planning, implementation and evaluation of new and existing annual fundraising events.
Reporting to the Supervisor of Fund Development, and working in collaboration with the Fund
Development team, the successful candidate will have 1-3 years related experience and a strong track record of success in special events management, relationship building, and soliciting event sponsorships.
The successful candidate will have superior communication skills, both verbal and written, and will be comfortable working with current social media platforms (including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Hootsuite, etc.).
The ability to work both independently and as part of a collaborative team is critical to the success of this role.
Candidate must have a valid driver’s license and access to their own vehicle, with the ability to work flexible hours. Post-secondary education required, with CFRE designation and/or a Diploma in Fundraising, Marketing or Event Management considered an asset.
In this role, the candidate will plan and implement existing and new revenue-generating special events to advance the mission of the organization and achieve its goals for new and ongoing revenue. Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
● Preparing a Special Events Annual Plan in collaboration with the Supervisor, Fund
Development. Typical components of this plan may include:
o Analysis of current special event fundraising activities
o Identification of new potential funding sources (sponsorship, event partnership
o Setting goals and targets for special event fundraising revenues
o Establishing event budgets and timelines
● Assisting with the coordination of all special events both Owned and Third Party,
including acting as the Team Lead for assigned special events
● Ensuring that the BGCK Brand messaging with its digital assets remains consistent and on strategy
● Increasing BGCK brand awareness, through social media, community involvement
opportunities and event partnerships
● Effectively communicating and assisting with marketing/promotion of programs and
special events through social media
● All other duties as assigned
Time management skills, and experience in special event planning is essential.
NOTE: This is a 12 month contract position based on 40 hrs per week.
● Post-secondary education required, with a Diploma in Fundraising, Marketing or Event
Management considered an asset
● 1-3 Years of Special Event Experience (Planning & Implementation)
● Clean Driving Record
● Up to Date CPIC/Police Check with vulnerable sector check
● Flexibility in hours (occasional evening and weekend work required)
● Ability to adapt to changes in schedules, programming, special events etc.
● Excellent time management and organizational skills
● Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
● Excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills
● Ability to meet deadlines
● Ability to multi-task, and quickly shift priorities when necessary
● Ability to work well in a team environment, as well as an on an individual basis
Please submit cover letter and resume, indicating subject line as Special Events Coordinator Position with the attention to:
Supervisor, Fund Development
**We thank all those who apply. Please note only those selected will be contacted for an interview.**