Employer: The ACT Arts Centre (The Maple Ridge Pitt Meadows Arts Council)
Position Title: Event Services Supervisor
Reporting to: Event Supervisor, overseen by the Event and Volunteer Manager
Employee Status: Part-time, including evenings & weekends
Application Deadline: Monday, January 21, 2019 no later than 5:00 PM
The ACT Arts Centre (The ACT), located in the community of Maple Ridge and part of the Greater Vancouver Regional District (GVRD), is the leading provider of engaging, vibrant and excellent Arts Programs, Gallery Exhibitions and Performing Arts Presentations for the growing communities of the region. Opened in 2003, the 486-seat theatre, studio theatre and
instruction studios are home to many cultural and community events, delivering an impressive array of diverse arts and cultural programming and activities to over 80,000 patrons annually.
The Event Services Supervisor has specific responsibility for coordinating and overseeing the event services, bar operations, and event staff for performances and events at the ACT Arts Centre.
Key Activities and Responsibilities:
• Responsible for the day to day supervision of events and their services.
• Trains, motivates, schedules, and supervises event staff and volunteers
• Coordinates event Food and Beverage services for departments, clients, artists and patrons
• Professional supervision of event staff/volunteers to ensure proper food safe procedures and all health and safety
regulations are followed
• Responsible for supporting inventory ordering and tracking, accurate cash control and department forecasting and
• Ensures department policy and procedure, including house control, concession arrangement, patron services
(merchandising, set up, raffles, lottery licensing, no outside food or drink etc.) and all emergency procedures are
followed by staff, clients, artists and patrons
• Supports volunteer recognition, policies and procedures
• Performs other duties as assigned by the Event & Volunteer Manager or designate
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Excellent written and spoken English language skills required; other languages an asset
• Post secondary education with a focus on hospitality, food services, volunteer management
• Experience working in customer service, hospitality or restaurant services required
• Working knowledge of Microsoft office software
• Knowledge of Squirrel, Squared and Theatre Manager is an asset
• Ability to plan, assign, check, supervise, schedule, and participate in the work of and training of a moderate sized
group of part-time staff and volunteers
• Highly organized team player with excellent interpersonal and multi-tasking skills
• Flexibility with a work schedule that includes evenings and weekends
Required Licenses, Certificates and Registrations:
• Serving it Right Certification
• Food Safe (preferred)
• First Aid
• Criminal record check with vulnerable sector
How to Apply: Please submit a cover letter and resume to Human Resources via email at
email@example.com no later than 5:00 PM on Monday, January 21, 2019.
No phone calls please – only those short-listed for interviews will be contacted.
We wish to thank all those who apply. We encourage people to view our website for future job postings.