Event Coordinator-Washington D.C.
Please note: to be considered for this role, all applicants must apply on our company website at: https://smartcitynetworks.com/about-us/careers/
Smart City began more than 30 years ago and has evolved into the nation’s leading telecommunication provider for convention centers and meeting facilities. We manage the technology services for more than 3,000 events annually, including virtually every Fortune 500 Company event and major trade-show. From auto shows to national political party conventions to world economic summits, Smart City has been on the floor, behind the scenes, and maintaining the connections that enable people to make important things happen. Today, we proudly employ more than 250 team members nationwide. Our Las Vegas headquarters is home to our national customer service, accounting, and technology teams, along with our Network Operations Center Opens a New Window. (NOC), which provides Internet security services and remote 24/7 monitoring for all our networks.
Our Event Coordinator contributes to the overall success of the company by supporting the General Manager and/or Customer Sales and Service Director, Manager or Supervisor by working closely with show management, site management and major customers to respond to client needs. The Event Coordinator also resolves customer sales and service issues through onsite presence at assigned shows. This position functions as a CSSR II when not assigned to a specific show.
• Supports and coordinates customer sales and service activities with show management, site management and major customers to respond to client needs and resolve customer sales and service issues during pre-show and through onsite presence at assigned shows.
• Collects payment prior to show for all scheduled show management services.
• Fully utilizes and understands all aspects of company proprietary software system.
• Assists and answers all Customer Sales and Service staff inquires on input and system issues.
• Resolves all issues of customer billing and interfaces with customer to solve issues and up-sell services. Initiates credit card searches and resolves billing/payment issues with client.
• Understands and clearly explains all aspects of company products.
• Ensures compliance with company policy in relation to customer credit card and prepayment requirements.
• Interacts with customers and show managers on a regular basis.
• Responds to complex questions regarding multiple areas (such as: accounting, billing, networking, collections, etc.).
• Provides guidance and training to Customer Sales and Support Representatives.
• Functions as a lead, regional specialist, or assistant to manager as needed.
• Demonstrates proficiency in all CSSR II duties.
• Provides proactive support and coordination for pre-show and on-site collection efforts.
• Obtains customer approval and signature on all requested services.
• Prepares all show site reports.
• Communicates with other department team members on customer sales and service issues.
• Attends pre-conference meetings.
• Distributes/collects show manager equipment rentals.
• Reviews billing with show management.
• Collects show management survey.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Minimum Job Requirements:
• Maintains regular and consistent work attendance.
• Demonstrates the ability to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends and
• High school diploma or equivalent with some college preferred.
• At least two years of hands-on customer sales and service experience or CSSR II experience Comparable background in tradeshow/event industry and/or telecommunications field preferred.
• Excellent communication skills both verbal and written. Negotiating and customer service problem solving skills required.
• Ability to interact with all levels of internal and external management is essential.
• Computer literacy and strong skills in customer service software and spreadsheets and word processing programs including Microsoft Word and Excel.
• Demonstrated ability to multi-task between simultaneous computer applications. Must pass an in-house Aesop Test annually, after training
• Proficiency in using payment and credit card processing system is preferred.
• Proficient in telecommunications and network products and services and basic and complex electrical services.
• Must complete a minimum of 16.5 hours of Basic Networking training as designated by management annually.
• Must be available to work on evenings and weekends for office and/or show site assignments as required by client.
Please note, employment at Smart City Networks is contingent upon successful completion of a background check. Smart City Networks is an Equal Opportunity Employer.