Price Industries Limited, North America’s leading manufacturer and distributor of air distribution products (www.priceindustries.com) is a dynamic, progressive and innovative organization looking for new talent in our growing Winnipeg office and manufacturing facility. If you thrive on new challenges, pushing yourself to new heights and working in a team-driven environment, you should consider the following opportunity.
The Events Coordinator will manage the communication, reporting, process and scheduling requirements for the Price Mobile Unit. The candidate must be able to discern work priorities, meet deadlines with little supervision, and be willing to work occasional evenings and weekends. The candidate must be qualified and willing to travel throughout the United States and Canada. The Events Coordinator should have an appreciation for special event management, provide outstanding customer service, be an enthusiastic professional, and be able to build relationships with internal and external customers.
The successful candidate's responsibilities will include:
- Develop an instructional guide that will detail how to open and operate the mobile unit displays.
- Create a driver guide that includes the process and driver expectations when operating the mobile unit.
- Develop an Event Report Form that will be completed by the Driver, Price Product Specialists and Price Representatives after each tour stop.
- Determine expectations and requirements of the Driver.
Reporting and Scheduling:
- Manage the communication for promoting the mobile unit to Price Representatives.
- Receive, track and respond to attendee requests.
- Coordinate, meet and communicate with Price Regional Sales Managers, Mobile Unit Driver and the Representative Companies.
- Coordinate and schedule Price personnel (Sales, Engineers, etc.) to attend rep events.
- Schedule and host a weekly meeting with Sales, Product Manager, Driver and other stakeholders to review the upcoming trip(s).
- Create a Pre-Visit Trip Summary for each tour stop.
- The summary will include the recommended driving route, the driving schedule and estimated times, delivery and placement of the mobile unit onsite.
- Develop and maintain a Tour Schedule.
- Work with the sales team to ensure that the schedule includes targeted regions.
- Serve as a liaison between the trailer driver and the representative companies.
- Provide logistical support to the Mobile Unit Driver.
- This includes but is not limited to scheduling flights, accommodations and other arrangements for each trip, tracking and reporting any vehicle issues as provided by the driver and/or the Price Representative, and communicate any adjustments or changes in the event of unforeseen circumstances.
- Compile and distribute an Event Report after each tour stop.
- Ensure that the trailer is stocked with literature, product material and, if applicable, promotional items.
- Assist with preparing budgets, creating invoices for our customers and processing/recording payments.
- Research and present ways to reduce operating costs, improve efficiency and effectiveness of the utilization of the mobile unit.
- The Events Coordinator will be required to travel to some of the Price Representative office/event locations to assist with the on-site production.
Coordinate Compliance Requirements:
- Ensure the drivers are properly registered, titled, and licensed.
- Ensure the vehicle passes all inspections required by any governmental entity and that the driver has all of the required documentation to travel across all states and the US/Canada border.
- Make sure that the proper insurance and registration is setup and renewed on the vehicle.
- Coordinate the annual and regular vehicle maintenance.
- Save and log Hours of Service (HOS) provided by Driver for Department of Transport (DOT) Reporting.
- Ensure that we are DOT compliant.
- Monitor an Electronic Logging Device (ELD).
Other Events & Visits:
- Manage a variety of corporate events and visits as assigned by the Events Manager.
The ideal candidate for this position will have:
- Must qualify and be willing to travel for work.
- Travel includes, but is not limited to, the United States and Canada.
- Experience in tradeshow management is an asset.
- Experience in motor vehicle dispatch is an asset.
- Experience in corporate event planning is an asset.
- Dedication to customer service ethic and high expectations for quality.
- Capable of managing multiple projects and work assignments simultaneously.
- Excellent communication skills, including writing, proofreading and speaking.
- Communicate effectively with both internal and external personnel in person, email, and by phone.
- Proficient using the latest versions of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Excellent time management and prioritization skills.
- Highly motivated and inspires confidence to work independently and in support of department goals and business objectives.
- Ability to build relationships and work across a multi-product line organization.
- Team player.
Should this excellent opportunity interest you, please submit your resume, including salary expectations.
We appreciate the interest shown by all applicants, however only those being considered for an interview will be contacted.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.